The General Chat Thread (2024)

Yes, someone actually did this and it was just around the corner from us...lesson to learn.. do not ignore important signs.

Screenshot_20240209-172457_Facebook.jpg

Living where I live on the edge of the somerset levels with wetlands and a lot of land at sea level they rarely bother to put out road closed signs, it would take too many roads out of action, a lot of the impassable places don’t even have a water depth gauge stick thingy so it’s generally have a go n see type situation.

So long as you don’t go out first thing there’s a very efficient system to let you know if a roads passable - how many abandoned cars do you see? 😆
Then decide do they look lower than your car?
If you think you have better clearance and you can go around then have a go, you’ll probably be ok, if you’re wrong you’re about to get very wet feet 😂

Oh no. What's happened to it?
The coupling between the motor and the container split. This is the remains.
IMG_8798.jpeg

I had to tranfer my smoothie ingredients to a bowl and use the immersion blender. I ended up with a chunky smoothie and bits of green smoothie splattered all over my countertop. Do not recommend.

As much as those things cost, I’m really hoping they just send you the part gratis.

Years ago, my kitchen faucet started leaking. I went to the DIY store to get a replacement washer, and the associate there told me to call ‘em up because they’d likely send me the part for free…and they did.

View attachment 109882
I had to tranfer my smoothie ingredients to a bowl and use the immersion blender. I ended up with a chunky smoothie and bits of green smoothie splattered all over my countertop. Do not recommend.
Even if it's not covered under warranty, don't know how old your blender is and if you registered it with them etc, that part isn't expensive.

This is the Aussie link, you'll be able to get something similar but here is under AU$50 for the part. That's about US$35/CA$44.

Vitamix Drive Socket Kit (Genuine)

Living where I live on the edge of the somerset levels with wetlands and a lot of land at sea level they rarely bother to put out road closed signs, it would take too many roads out of action, a lot of the impassable places don’t even have a water depth gauge stick thingy so it’s generally have a go n see type situation.

So long as you don’t go out first thing there’s a very efficient system to let you know if a roads passable - how many abandoned cars do you see? 😆
Then decide do they look lower than your car?
If you think you have better clearance and you can go around then have a go, you’ll probably be ok, if you’re wrong you’re about to get very wet feet 😂

Can you imagine the phone call with the insurance company :laugh:

Off to bed early. Won't help with sleep but we have to complete the second stage of de-worming the chooks in the morning. They're not allowed to eat (and technically drink, though I ignore that bit) for 24hrs before being wormed. I only do 12hrs without food, none without access to water, but it means we have to do them no matter what it how I feel tomorrow morning. We started the de-worming 2 weeks ago before we knew I was ill again and well, we get to force feed blueberries stuffed with worming tablets to the entire flock in the morning. Some chooks need to be fed 10 tablets because of their weight...

it's one of those mad mornings where you really hope no one is watching as plead with a chicken to voluntarily eat the blueberries rather than you have to force them into them... :chicken:

It's easier to force feed them blueberries stuffed with worming tablets than it is the tablets themselves which get stuck in their throats because they are not sealed tablets and they don't apparently taste very good going by the chooks approach to refusing them. Blueberries on the other hand get swallowed much more easily and 2 or 3 girls will take them from our hands. I'm just hoping they don't remember 3 days of liquid shoots from only 2 weeks ago, else tomorrow morning will be harder, not easier. At least we don't have to weigh them tomorrow !

Off to bed early. Won't help with sleep but we have to complete the second stage of de-worming the chooks in the morning. They're not allowed to eat (and technically drink, though I ignore that bit) for 24hrs before being wormed. I only do 12hrs without food, none without access to water, but it means we have to do them no matter what it how I feel tomorrow morning. We started the de-worming 2 weeks ago before we knew I was ill again and well, we get to force feed blueberries stuffed with worming tablets to the entire flock in the morning. Some chooks need to be fed 10 tablets because of their weight...

it's one of those mad mornings where you really hope no one is watching as plead with a chicken to voluntarily eat the blueberries rather than you have to force them into them... :chicken:

It's easier to force feed them blueberries stuffed with worming tablets than it is the tablets themselves which get stuck in their throats because they are not sealed tablets and they don't apparently taste very good going by the chooks approach to refusing them. Blueberries on the other hand get swallowed much more easily and 2 or 3 girls will take them from our hands. I'm just hoping they don't remember 3 days of liquid shoots from only 2 weeks ago, else tomorrow morning will be harder, not easier. At least we don't have to weigh them tomorrow !
I'm glad the flea/tryps tablets for my dogs smell like gravy. My dogs love them.
The deworming ones get stuffed inside a bit of ground meat and gobbled without an issue

Back
Top Bottom