The General Chat Thread (2024)

Been down most of the day with a migraine. First one I’ve gotten in several months, but I really wish I could go back to getting them never (they started in my late 20s).
That's awful, sorry to hear that. I used to get them when our 4 kids were young, especially when they had sleepovers. The kids are all in late 20s early 30s now. Oddly, I haven't had a single migraine since they all moved out on their own.

DH still gets migraines from time-to-time. He's thinking about trying to get a scrip of Nurtec to keep on hand just in case.

That's awful, sorry to hear that. I used to get them when our 4 kids were young, especially when they had sleepovers. The kids are all in late 20s early 30s now. Oddly, I haven't had a single migraine since they all moved out on their own.

DH still gets migraines from time-to-time. He's thinking about trying to get a scrip of Nurtec to keep on hand just in case.
My doctor gave me Naproxen for them which seems to help. When I take it, I’ll be out until sometime between noon-3 pm, when without it I’m out until 7 or 8 pm.

The worst part is the nausea. I can’t really eat or drink anything when I have one of these (I can get enough water down to take meds, but that’s it).

Thankfully feeling better now. We went over to my parents’ place to celebrate my SIL’s birthday. I had to stay away from alcohol (it would have brought the headache back) but at least I was able to enjoy the dinner.

My doctor gave me Naproxen for them which seems to help. When I take it, I’ll be out until sometime between noon-3 pm, when without it I’m out until 7 or 8 pm.

The worst part is the nausea. I can’t really eat or drink anything when I have one of these (I can get enough water down to take meds, but that’s it).

Thankfully feeling better now. We went over to my parents’ place to celebrate my SIL’s birthday. I had to stay away from alcohol (it would have brought the headache back) but at least I was able to enjoy the dinner.
Glad you are feeling better!

Mine used to be so bad I had to lie down in darkness with no noise for 24 hours. Naproxen I now use for sinus headaches. I still get those.

The coupling between the motor and the container split. This is the remains.
View attachment 109882
I had to tranfer my smoothie ingredients to a bowl and use the immersion blender. I ended up with a chunky smoothie and bits of green smoothie splattered all over my countertop. Do not recommend.
I forgot to update this and just remembered now. It turned out that the blender was still under warranty, so we sent it off, and they repaired it and sent it back, at no charge! I was so happy when we got it back!

Now, regarding this year's Eurosong, our candidate's stage name is Baby Lasagna. So it crossed my mind it would be a fun thing to mention at a food forum.
The song is vibrant, I do hear a lot of known influences, but hey, it's a show. One should not take it too seriously. The rest of the national candidates were very very low quality, in my humble opinion, maybe 2-3 that actually can sing. I did not bring myself to watch the 2nd night fully ( I cleaned and cooked, and it played in the background, and the 3rd night was completely off my evening).
Anyways, the weather, the food and the Eurosong,good chat themes.:D

Back
Top Bottom