The General Chat Thread (2024)

Woken up at 5:15AM by weather alerts (severe thunderstorms with tornado warnings), lots of lightning and rain. Huge temperature drop, which has been the story here all winter, really wide temperature swings. 67F overnight, and we’ll be in the low 20’s by tonight.

Record-setting warm temps yesterday, absolutely unheard of for February. Today the temp is supposed to drop, and all the moisture that’s fallen will flash freeze.

Lucky for me I can stay in - working from home today, and my trip to the barn was cancelled as horsey has decided to declare sovereignty from his left front shoe.

That sounds exactly like Thanksgiving and Christmas!
We’ve been planning a prime rib dinner for a couple of weeks because we don’t have a lot of free time and we also watch our red meat consumption. We’ve just finished talking for the last 20 minutes about what kind of potatoes to eat with it and should we go with gravy or au jus. I plan on knocking the dust off of the sous vide machine which means I have to start a day ahead….later today, we have a meeting planned to go over the vegetable options…🤣

We’ve been planning a prime rib dinner for a couple of weeks because we don’t have a lot of free time and we also watch our red meat consumption. We’ve just finished talking for the last 20 minutes about what kind of potatoes to eat with it and should we go with gravy or au jus. I plan on knocking the dust off of the sous vide machine which means I have to start a day ahead….later today, we have a meeting planned to go over the vegetable options…🤣
Do you have your project schedule, scope management plan, risk management plan, resources management plan, and budget lined up, with contingencies in place? I would certainly hope so!

Lazy day today started with crumpets n vegemite. Bets are on at rangiora. $40 spent. Drive this arvo then out to sons. No Sunday family dinner here so we are going to rolleston where he lives 30 mins south of us. They both work 5 mins from me but they dont mind the commute.
Besides he says he has a belated birthday gift for me. Hasn't bought me one in 3 years. Hes just got back from business trip to Melbourne . Duty free ???
We will see.
Quiet night later which suits me.
Check our bets.
Normally by now I'd be prepping

Russ

I don't do much online shopping, but I placed two orders lately and here's how they arrived:

IMG_3604.JPG

This is from a long standing company in Hawaii that is going out of business, I had to order a pair of my most favorite-est slippers/sandals/flip flops I've ever owned in my entire life! (in Hawaii, it's "slippah" and des ones are da fancy kine, get leather straps and wow, da souls are killa! no steal my slippah, eh!)

IMG_3707.JPG

When this company had "brick and mortar" shops, I'd shop here maybe two/three times a year, love the quality of their clothes! Both my Mom and I have several pieces from Coldwater Creek.

But look at these mailers will ya!
How cool are these, I ask you?
It's not those horrid grey, nasty, filthy dirty non-descript things, but something very eye-appealing.
I LOVE THEM!

Back
Top Bottom