The General Chat Thread (2024)

Our local pub have decided to carry on as normal, all events will continue for the time being.

I can’t believe it’s 64F/18C outside - it’s like early summer!

IMG_7632.jpeg

Hubby has spent that last 2 days in Melbourne. Today was over 38°C there. We only reached 28°C (82F). Canberra was over 31°C. We're due 35°C tomorrow which I think may happen because it's still 21°C outside at 9pm at home, and Canberra is still at 23°C.

Hubby's flight home had been delayed. He should have landed by now but he hadn't taken off yet :( that means he won't get home until roughly midnight. Apparently there's some bad weather somewhere...

Hubby has spent that last 2 days in Melbourne. Today was over 38°C there. We only reached 28°C (82F). Canberra was over 31°C. We're due 35°C tomorrow which I think may happen because it's still 21°C outside at 9pm at home, and Canberra is still at 23°C.

Hubby's flight home had been delayed. He should have landed by now but he hadn't taken off yet :( that means he won't get home until roughly midnight. Apparently there's some bad weather somewhere...

:(

They must have had a tail wind because the 65 minute flight has only taken 55 minutes. He's just landed (very bumpy landing but that's common at Canberra). But he's still got to get to the SUV and drive home yet. It's now almost 10pm.
So he might be home for 11:30pm. Maybe

Hmm 🤔
Recipe calls for two 2 gram leaves of gelatine.

I have three different types of leaf gelatine and not one of them is 2g a leaf.
I have 1.6g 1.625g or 3.125g.

I wish some chefs would be a bit bolder when they write recipes and actually specify what brand they used.
You know the sort of thing - "I tend to use such n such brand"
What are we supposed to do, spend gawd knows how long traipsing about looking at gelatine packets?
Or doing interesting maths equations with postal scales and shards or gelatine?

The perfect wobble be damned, thick set it is! 😂

Back
Top Bottom