Travel Plans For 2024

I was supposed to travel for work (side gig) on AUG 21st. That was canceled. On a whim I reached out to my sister in Indiana. I am going to spend a few days with her. Then I have a couple of friends near Nashville TN. I reached out to them. They happen to be off that weekend. I plan on partying with them. This will entail drinking, eating, and gambling. Outside of this site. My friend in Nashville is the other reason my cooking has improved 10 fold over the last decade or so!

Plus, my friend makes an amazing Martini. He took first place at a competition in Las Vegas a few years back with his Martini recipe!

I booked the Florida portion of our fall trip last night. We are going to a beach resort in my hometown of Destin, FL for 11 days. My husband's cousin (who introduced us 25 years ago) and his wife still live in Navarre, Florida (about 30 miles west of Destin), so after we check out of the resort we are going to stay with them for a few days (I think). Of course if they want they can come out to see us and have dinner while we are in Destin, but they both work and go to bed early, plus traffic is horrible in Destin so it could take them an hour or more to get to where we are staying.
20160410_120338_HDR.jpg

After that we will drive over to New Orleans (3.5 hours west of Navarre) for a couple of nights. Haven't booked that part yet. DH needs to talk to his cousins and wife 1st to make sure they're available for us to visit and we can figure out dates.

I booked the Florida portion of our fall trip last night. We are going to a beach resort in my hometown of Destin, FL for 11 days. My husband's cousin (who introduced us 25 years ago) and his wife still live in Navarre, Florida (about 30 miles west of Destin), so after we check out of the resort we are going to stay with them for a few days (I think). Of course if they want they can come out to see us and have dinner while we are in Destin, but they both work and go to bed early, plus traffic is horrible in Destin so it could take them an hour or more to get to where we are staying.
View attachment 117492
After that we will drive over to New Orleans (3.5 hours west of Navarre) for a couple of nights. Haven't booked that part yet. DH needs to talk to his cousins and wife 1st to make sure they're available for us to visit and we can figure out dates.
That is so odd - all those sunloungers and umrbreallas lined up in a row. Very different from a UK beach.

That is so odd - all those sunloungers and umrbreallas lined up in a row. Very different from a UK beach.
Yeah, actually those chairs are mostly empty (taken in late fall during off-peak when not many tourists are around). They set them up and rent them out near the resorts. I've never rented one. My whole life we've brought beach towels and maybe a sheet, along with a cooler with drinks and snacks. We walk down past the umbrellas and find a nice spot like the area to the left.
20160410_120328_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you got a microwave and fridge though. And two armchairs which don't face the TV. Also - single beds.

How will you charge your phone?
They look like double beds to me. I am guessing TR brought his charging cable that plugs into an outlet? I always hope for ports when I stay in a hotel/inn, but it's not to be taken for granted. Also if he brought a laptop he can plug his USB into his computer port.

Looks like you got a microwave and fridge though. And two armchairs which don't face the TV. Also - single beds.

How will you charge your phone?

They look like double beds to me. I am guessing TR brought his charging cable that plugs into an outlet?

Beds are two queens. I don’t even know if double beds exist in hotels any more, it’s either two queens, a single king, or two kings.

It’ll be exactly like it is at home, only better - we’ll start out in the same bed, and at some point, I’ll get up and move to the second bed…and I won’t have to walk down the hallway to do it, and probably end up back in the first bed before morning - my usual night tour.

The leather chairs aren’t really for watching TV - the beds face the TV, which is pretty standard. Personally, we just use the chairs to pile things up on, as you can see:

IMG_9077.jpeg

I doubt if the TV will even be on the entire time we’re here, unless MrsT turns on the Dem convention (and I hope she doesn’t).

We did bring chargers to plug into the wall outlets, so phones will be charged. No laptops.

Haha, look at my footie tan lines - if I were a cat, you’d name me Sox! :laugh:

…and she’s turned on the 🤬 convention! 😠

She also forgot the kettle (and our big insulated cooler bag), but she said I forgot the kettle (and our big insulated cooler bag) - now who ya gonna believe?

Fortunately, they have blistering hot water in the vending area of our wing of the…compound?…camp?…complex?…so tea still happened.

The vending area is just a few minutes’ walk from the room, but it’s so twisty-turny, and every hallway looks the same, it took me almost a half-hour to find it the first time.

Beds are two queens. I don’t even know if double beds exist in hotels any more, it’s either two queens, a single king, or two kings.

It’ll be exactly like it is at home, only better - we’ll start out in the same bed, and at some point, I’ll get up and move to the second bed…and I won’t have to walk down the hallway to do it, and probably end up back in the first bed before morning - my usual night tour.

The leather chairs aren’t really for watching TV - the beds face the TV, which is pretty standard. Personally, we just use the chairs to pile things up on, as you can see:

View attachment 117566

I doubt if the TV will even be on the entire time we’re here, unless MrsT turns on the Dem convention (and I hope she doesn’t).

We did bring chargers to plug into the wall outlets, so phones will be charged. No laptops.

Haha, look at my footie tan lines - if I were a cat, you’d name me Sox! :laugh:
Infrequently, but yes.
…and she’s turned on the 🤬 convention! 😠

She also forgot the kettle (and our big insulated cooler bag), but she said I forgot the kettle (and our big insulated cooler bag) - now who ya gonna believe?

Fortunately, they have blistering hot water in the vending area of our wing of the…compound?…camp?…complex?…so tea still happened.

The vending area is just a few minutes’ walk from the room, but it’s so twisty-turny, and every hallway looks the same, it took me almost a half-hour to find it the first time.
My Dh did too :thumbsdown:

Back
Top Bottom