Travel Plans For 2024

I’ll stick these here, since we bought them on our little getaway:

IMG_9131.jpeg

MrsT loves her garden flags. This one is for Autumn, but she loves that it’s blue and not the usual orange. It says Gather Together up top. I couldn’t find one that said Go Away, Please. :laugh:

IMG_9133.jpeg

Another flag, for St. Pat’s Day, and that thing on the left is a magnetic house number holder. We already have the metal stand. It just needs a new sticky bit.

IMG_9134.jpeg

Now this is funny. These are metal Christmas thingies. The red ones are the size of cantaloupes, to give you a scale, and these will hang from our outside front porch lights.

The funny thing is, you can see they’re purposely scratched up and distressed, to give them a farmy-homey look. They had about a dozen of those big ones hanging from the ceiling, and dontcha know, MrsT had to go over each one, selecting snd comparing, eliminating this one and choosing that one, until she got exactly the rusty ones she wanted. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I couldn’t find one that said Go Away, Please. :laugh:

View attachment 117667
Another flag, for St. Pat’s Day, and that thing on the left is a magnetic house number holder. We already have the metal stand. It just needs a new sticky bit.

View attachment 117668
Now this is funny. These are metal Christmas thingies. The red ones are the size of cantaloupes, to give you a scale, and these will hang from our outside front porch lights.

The funny thing is, you can see they’re purposely scratched up and distressed, to give them a farmy-homey look. They had about a dozen of those big ones hanging from the ceiling, and dontcha know, MrsT had to go over each one, selecting snd comparing, eliminating this one and choosing that one, until she got exactly the rusty ones she wanted. 🤷🏻‍♂️
You can always get a doormat. I want one that says, "Did you call first?"
20240821_202344.jpg

Then it's time to invest in man's best friend!
Uh, no. We have wild animals that are fairly tame (squirrels, birds, rabbits, etc.) and we are not responsible for vet bills or any kennel boarding when we decide to up and leave for a few weeks/month. Also live by a busy road...

Last edited:
All we know is that they probably don't involve alcohol...

To me this whole hotel seems quite 'spartan' and slightly eerie because its all so uncluttered both inside and out. It's all too neat... what was that film...?
I'm pretty sure when I look at the photo's I can smell bleach 😆

JAS_OH1 looks great!
TastyReuben I'm sure that you and Mrs T had a blast - cough, cough - NO alcohol? GEEZ!!

Some of you may remember that I refer to where we live as Cowboyville Arizona, because it is!
It is quite rural living here and we sure do like it this way.
BUT, health care is spotty and poor in some cases.
One (or really there's two, so far) that we need to address for DH - he suffers from sleep apnea and has one of those machines (BiPap) to help him.
We need to have a qualified doctor to attend to this and write prescriptions for the machines supplies.
Enter the new doc that I found down in the heart of Phoenix - actually in the same building that he spent some time at two years ago for his heart.
No problem.
I've already made arrangements for us to go down and spend two nights.
I've also bought two tickets for a Baseball Game - ON HIS BIRHTDAY!!!
I found a great price on Club Level seats (you get service from your seat, drinks, food, etc. - at a cost of course) along the first base line.
When we lived down in Southern AZ, we had partial season tickets just about in the same spot, sweet!
Looking forward to next month, even though I have to drive down and back to "The Valley", which scares the pee-wad out of me! But I'll put on my Big Girl Panty, cinch them up good and tight AND GO!!!!

I booked the Florida portion of our fall trip last night. We are going to a beach resort in my hometown of Destin, FL for 11 days. My husband's cousin (who introduced us 25 years ago) and his wife still live in Navarre, Florida (about 30 miles west of Destin), so after we check out of the resort we are going to stay with them for a few days (I think). Of course if they want they can come out to see us and have dinner while we are in Destin, but they both work and go to bed early, plus traffic is horrible in Destin so it could take them an hour or more to get to where we are staying.
View attachment 117492
After that we will drive over to New Orleans (3.5 hours west of Navarre) for a couple of nights. Haven't booked that part yet. DH needs to talk to his cousins and wife 1st to make sure they're available for us to visit and we can figure out dates.
Well plans changed a little. We're still going to Florida to the resort, but we are going to Kentucky for a night 1st, then Tennessee for a week, then spending the night in Alabama somewhere (TBD). After that we are going to stay with my husband's cousin and his wife in Navarre, FL (near Pensacola) for a week, then to Destin for a week, and 2 overnights in the way back to Ohio (it's 16 hours from northwest Florida to Ohio). We are going to wait for the Texas trip another time (probably March). So 3 and 1/2 weeks is a good vacation!

My DH is directionally impaired as well. Good thing I'm not.
I am the disoriented one, between my boyfriend and me.🤭
Although, buildings and even streets are ok, but driving around, turns, dark, I frequently ask' Sooo, where are we now?'

😅😅it's a running joke really by now.

At times I will get a glance, or an info, or a total nonsense, or we laugh.

You are such a lovely couple!
Well that was 25 years ago, lol. We don't look like that now. But thank you!
I'll try to get an updated photo of us on our vacation.
I am the disoriented one, between my boyfriend and me.🤭
Although, buildings and even streets are ok, but driving around, turns, dark, I frequently ask' Sooo, where are we now?'

😅😅it's a running joke really by now.

At times I will get a glance, or an info, or a total nonsense, or we laugh.
My dad taught me to use a compass when I was very young. He also taught me to rely on it when he taught me to drive. I've always made sure every car I bought had one, and nowadays if we are going to be in an unfamiliar place I'll look at a map online before we go. Even without looking at a map I'm good at getting around. Thanks dad!

Back
Top Bottom