Travel Plans For 2024

October 12, no I didn't give a date previously. We will probably get there around 4. Do you know anything about that hotel? It got nice reviews mostly.
I don’t know anything about it, except that it looks nice and gets good reviews. I asked MrsT, and she thinks it’s the only location, a local hotel only, so she’s never dealt with them.

I don’t know anything about it, except that it looks nice and gets good reviews. I asked MrsT, and she thinks it’s the only location, a local hotel only, so she’s never dealt with them.
Yeah we booked it for $122 including taxes and fees so pretty happy with that. Hoping it's clean and comfortable and the breakfast is good. The pics look nice.

Well, DH just got off the phone with his older sister who still lives back in Hawaii.
It comes that they (sister in law and her husband) will be visiting over the Christmas Holiday with their two girls and their families in San Diego ... "can you guys see a way that you could come out too?"
SURE!
No problem I can drive it (DH still doesn't drive, great!)
I'm not the biggest fan of driving here on "The Mainland", but I don't have a choice anymore.
I'll just have to put my "big girl pants on", take a deep breath and do it.
It's a seven hour drive ... maybe we could stop at the halfway point and spend the night?
We'll see what happens.

I think I forgot to post this:

During MrsT’s recent sojourn to Gotham (and beyond), she was sending me typical pics of landmarks and such, but in one group of snaps, was this little gem:

IMG_1461.jpeg

Simple shot of an everyday window scene, not “touristy” at all, and very unusual for MrsT, as she doesn’t normally have that kind of eye for a snapshot.

I complimented her on it and she said, “I know…I took it just for you!”

Another road trip instore for us two ... going down to the "Big City" again for a doctor's appointment, so let's make it fun.
After the doc, we'll check into a hotel and go watch Fall League Baseball.
We'll just stay one night, at least that's the plan - we'll see what the doc has in store though ... 🙄 ... ya neva know, so that's why I always pack an extra set of clothes, just in case.

Okay so I booked our hotel for an overnight in Kentucky on our way to Tennessee. The trip to Tennessee from here is just shy of 8 hours, so we are spending a night in Kentucky before we do the week in Tennessee. I don't like being in the car for more than 6-7 hours at a time so I will always opt for staying the night somewhere if it's longer.

TastyReuben have you ever been to Florence, KY, which is just south of Cincinnati?
We loved that hotel, btw. It had a kitchen and was clean, comfortable, and spacious. I brought pizza dough and we made homemade pizza!

We got to our resort in Tennessee where we are staying for a week. I got a 2 bedroom just so we could have the extra bathroom. I just unpacked the kitchen stuff and have some ribs cooking in the oven. We have a fireplace too!

20241013_185807.jpg
20241013_185817.jpg

Here's the view from one of our balconies:

20241013_185827.jpg

Here's the master bathroom...love that shower!

20241013_200919.jpg
20241013_200931.jpg

Here's the master bedroom:

20241013_200902.jpg

Back
Top Bottom