Travel Plans For 2024

The 20 Best Beaches in Florida — From Romantic Islands to Family-friendly Spots
I was reading this article about the 20 best beaches in Florida and one of my hometown beaches (Miramar Beach which is 10 miles from Destin, where I grew up) is #2 on the list! Henderson Beach (which is in Destin) is #15 on the list. My husband's cousin lives in Navarre (#19 on the list) and my dad used to own a house there when I was a teenager. One of my brothers lived in Grayton Beach (#20 on the list) which is within 10 miles of Miramar Beach...I've spent a lot of time on those beaches growing up, lots of great memories.

All of these beaches (100 mile stretch) are along a strip of the Panhandle (NW Florida) called the Emerald Coast because the water is a clear emerald green.
5 Emerald Coast Beaches with Sugar White Sand

When I first moved to Destin, none of those buildings were there (the fishing fleet docks on the left were, though):
8 Breathtaking Towns to Visit in Florida's Emerald Coast
1725128211549.png

Getting super exited about our trip near the end of October!

This morning we booked another trip:
Page Arizona
We'll be staying for two nights and taking a three hour tour (hmmm, doesn't that sound familiar to some of us baby boomers from the US?)
This will be in October, EXCITED!! :woot:
OKAY!
We are amending our travel plans for our trip to Page Arizona... DH thought it a great idea to ask Mr&Mrs Next Door Neighbor's if they'd like to join us ... Missus said yes straight off ... say what? :eek:
I had told DH that she is not in to long car trips, she just can't handle it emotional. She so surprised me .. she said that they would talk about it and get back to us on that ... not even 5 minutes later, "we're in!"
She said that there are so many places here in Arizona that they'd like to see, but just don't have the where-for-all to plan it all out ... it's just too much for them to do. I can do that. :hug:
So I updated all of our reservations .
Now I also need to re-vamp how we're going to travel... that's okay though.
We sorta-kinda camp it, meaning, we eat picnic lunches at rest stops, have a dinner already prepared and ready to re-heat in the hotel room, along with snacks and drinks of choice.
Well, I have month to prepare ...

OKAY!
We are amending our travel plans for our trip to Page Arizona... DH thought it a great idea to ask Mr&Mrs Next Door Neighbor's if they'd like to join us ... Missus said yes straight off ... say what? :eek:
I had told DH that she is not in to long car trips, she just can't handle it emotional. She so surprised me .. she said that they would talk about it and get back to us on that ... not even 5 minutes later, "we're in!"
She said that there are so many places here in Arizona that they'd like to see, but just don't have the where-for-all to plan it all out ... it's just too much for them to do. I can do that. :hug:
So I updated all of our reservations .
Now I also need to re-vamp how we're going to travel... that's okay though.
We sorta-kinda camp it, meaning, we eat picnic lunches at rest stops, have a dinner already prepared and ready to re-heat in the hotel room, along with snacks and drinks of choice.
Well, I have month to prepare ...
Keeping my fingers crossed for best of luck...at least It's only a few days so hopefully it goes well.

Well plans changed a little. We're still going to Florida to the resort, but we are going to Kentucky for a night 1st, then Tennessee for a week, then spending the night in Alabama somewhere (TBD). After that we are going to stay with my husband's cousin and his wife in Navarre, FL (near Pensacola) for a week, then to Destin for a week, and 2 overnights in the way back to Ohio (it's 16 hours from northwest Florida to Ohio). We are going to wait for the Texas trip another time (probably March). So 3 and 1/2 weeks is a good vacation!
Okay so I booked our hotel for an overnight in Kentucky on our way to Tennessee. The trip to Tennessee from here is just shy of 8 hours, so we are spending a night in Kentucky before we do the week in Tennessee. I don't like being in the car for more than 6-7 hours at a time so I will always opt for staying the night somewhere if it's longer.

TastyReuben have you ever been to Florence, KY, which is just south of Cincinnati?

Yes, many times. Just over the river from my office, in the neighborhood of the international airport, and home of the Florence Y’all (mall).

I’ve eaten breakfast here a few times, it’s nearby(ish):

The Hive – East Coast Kitchen & Coffee Bar
We are staying at Ashley Quarters hotel which has a kitchenette and free breakfast, but if the breakfast isn't edible we might have to try something else. I can't eat heavy before I drive though...

And just booked our Marriott in Birmingham for the night between Tennessee and Florida!

We are staying at Ashley Quarters hotel which has a kitchenette and free breakfast, but if the breakfast isn't edible we might have to try something else.
When are you going to be there (apologies if you gave a date earlier)?

Back
Top Bottom