What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why we moved so far out, and why I work midnight shifts.

Only half a billion people on the road, not a billion.
Do you do the GW bridge? Or could you just tell me what the toll is for 18 wheelers these days?

And here there are days I hate living in the middle of my town. Too many people.

Now dinner tonight is a variation of beef Stroganoff (no sour cream), rice (because we had pasta the last two days) and asparagus.

Yes, I drive the GWB every day, unless traffic forces me into the Lincoln tunnel.

A 6 axle vehicle is $108 during peak hours, $102 off peak. (You made me look that up.)

I pay around $12 a day.

Yes, I drive the GWB every day, unless traffic forces me into the Lincoln tunnel.

A 6 axle vehicle is $108 during peak hours, $102 off peak. (You made me look that up.)

I pay around $12 a day.
Holy highway robbery Batman. And in 1989, we thought $15 was bad.
No wonder the ex doesn't want to go to New York. (Though he didn't like it in 1989 either.)

I do want to come visit someday. Just not Queens or Hunts Point.

I thought pizza napoli also has black olives..I usually make it that way, but I find both the olives and anchovies together make it too salty over all...I make a bruschetta then add a bit of mozzerella and a big ol' anchovie and broil that.

mmm not quite...here pizza Napoli has only anchovies..your bruschetta is greedy, I like it. Sometimes when I make bruschette, on behalf to mozzarella, I put only anchovies, garlic and minced parsley

Yes, I just saw a TV show about pizza in Italy,,and what we call Sicillian is Sfincione.

Most Americans don't like anchovies on pizza, so I guess they were eventually left off.

I love anchovies, on pizza, on salad, or like Rock does, on bruschetta. Heck, even straight out of the tin on bread with a little evoo.

Absolutely agree with you about anchovies! I love them!

Dinner today was at a little Italian place. We went out shopping this afternoon, then stopped on the way home for an early dinner since my boy has rugby practice tonight.

We started with salads, then my wife had shrimp marinara with whole wheat linguini, my boy had spaghetti Bolognese, and I had eggplant parm with rigatoni.

Cappuccinos rounded out the meal.
Sounds fantastic.

IE1uCDI.jpg

Beautiful @Rocklobster.

Today we had chicken fried steak for lunch and an Asian buffet for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom