What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the label there is a good chance that vegetable oil is actually soybean oil. Now as to a vegetable oil, I used olive oil the other day in my spaghetti. I also have avocado oil but that might be a fruit and to keep this on topic, tonight will be steaks marinated in olive oil and other stuff.
Olives are also fruits! :happy:

Getting back to daily ests, my dinner last night of chicken rogan josh (from a jar) over pre-cooked microwavable rice, saag paneer (boxed/frozen), and a storemade whole wheat naan:
0419172158d.jpg

Yes, Crisco really is the old way, but I'm trying not to die so soon

, so corn, vegetable, or canola oil is how I do,it.
No anchovies on Naples style pizza here (that is an option), but yes, just sauce and cheese.

When you say high, I wonder if we are discussing the same thing. The edges are thick, but the overall crust is no more than 3 or 4 mm.

Here is how Wiki describes it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_pizza

To us, a really high crust is Sicillian style.

:okay: I think that the manner of making pizza is neapolitan manner (high crust, flour) , whilst pizza napoli is (here) weel-known with anchovies. Here in Milano and in the north is very easy to find pizza with low crust. In Roma is famous the "pizza al taglio" squared and high.
Sicilian style here doesn't exist (made with a little semolina's flour), except for seasoning: caciocavallo (the real sicilian pizza eaten in Sicily includeds caciocavallo cheese, but very often you find mozzarella), anchovies, capers (from pantelleria),black olives (maybe onions, I'm not sure). But the most famous type of sicilian pizza is called Sfincione (from Palermo)...I think you know this type of sicilian pizza...

Glasses with chocolate...I prepared it this morning for tonight dinner (friends for dinner)...I didn't know what prepared for dessert, but I had dark chocolate leftover from Easter chocolate eggs so I used it...add some dry biscuit (UK Digestive/McVitie's I love them), soft cheese and an orange...
View attachment 6587

I think your friends will love them!

Oh that's curious...here Pizza Napoli is high and has only tomato sauce, mozzarella and anchovies....and after this prepared to drink a lot of water for the next 2/3 days!
I thought pizza napoli also has black olives..I usually make it that way, but I find both the olives and anchovies together make it too salty over all...I make a bruschetta then add a bit of mozzerella and a big ol' anchovie and broil that.

:okay: I think that the manner of making pizza is neapolitan manner (high crust, flour) , whilst pizza napoli is (here) weel-known with anchovies. Here in Milano and in the north is very easy to find pizza with low crust. In Roma is famous the "pizza al taglio" squared and high.
Sicilian style here doesn't exist (made with a little semolina's flour), except for seasoning: caciocavallo (the real sicilian pizza eaten in Sicily includeds caciocavallo cheese, but very often you find mozzarella), anchovies, capers (from pantelleria),black olives (maybe onions, I'm not sure). But the most famous type of sicilian pizza is called Sfincione (from Palermo)...I think you know this type of sicilian pizza...

Yes, I just saw a TV show about pizza in Italy,,and what we call Sicillian is Sfincione.

Most Americans don't like anchovies on pizza, so I guess they were eventually left off.

I love anchovies, on pizza, on salad, or like Rock does, on bruschetta. Heck, even straight out of the tin on bread with a little evoo.

Dinner today was at a little Italian place. We went out shopping this afternoon, then stopped on the way home for an early dinner since my boy has rugby practice tonight.

We started with salads, then my wife had shrimp marinara with whole wheat linguini, my boy had spaghetti Bolognese, and I had eggplant parm with rigatoni.

Cappuccinos rounded out the meal.

Dinner today was at a little Italian place. We went out shopping this afternoon, then stopped on the way home for an early dinner since my boy has rugby practice tonight.

We started with salads, then my wife had shrimp marinara with whole wheat linguini, my boy had spaghetti Bolognese, and I had eggplant parm with rigatoni.

Cappuccinos rounded out the meal.
You're killing me with your local eateries. Our little Italian Place is right here..tonight is spaghetti with minced clams. Eating some anti pasti right now. Game just came on......go habs!

You're killing me with your local eateries. Our little Italian Place is right here..tonight is spaghetti with minced clams. Eating some anti pasti right now. Game just came on......go habs!
He kills all of us with his eateries.
But then he has to put up with a commute into a people-laden place nearly every day.
He has over 27,000 people per square mile.
My town on the other hand has roughly 2,277 people per square mile.

He kills all of us with his eateries.
But then he has to put up with a commute into a people-laden place nearly every day.
He has over 27,000 people per square mile.
My town on the other hand has roughly 2,277 people per square mile.

That's why we moved so far out, and why I work midnight shifts.

Only half a billion people on the road, not a billion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom