What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight will be chicken tetrazinni.

And as far as that southern Colonel, his is the nastiest most vile chicken I have ever tried.
The only time I ever tried it, it was undercooked (they cook it to exact safety temp), and had the soggiest skin ever. And we had watched them pull it out of that pressure thing.
Give me Church's or Popeyes any day of the week.

The same rules apply for Popeyes and Church's about the timing.

I used to think the same, that the aforementioned were way better than KFC, but recently the script has flipped here. Popeye's went way downhill with way too much seasoning on everything.

Well, this is based on my 3 or 4 trips a year to fast food fried chicken.

Last edited:
The same rules apply for Pooeyes and Church's about the timing.

I used to think the same, that the aforementioned were way better than KFC, but recently the script has flipped here. Popeye's went way downhill with way too much seasoning on everything.

Well, this is based on my 3 or 4 trips a year to fast food fried chicken.
Thanks for the warning on Popeye's.
Church's here cooks a little longer than the others.

Now my favorite fried chicken was my grandmother's fried chicken.

My dad's side of the family didn't do chicken after they were grown.

How did your Grandma make hers?

I go with the traditional Southern thing of soaking in buttermilk overnight, then dredge in cayenne, salt, and pepper seasoned flour, and shallow fried in corn oil.

How did your Grandma make hers?

I go with the traditional Southern thing of soaking in buttermilk overnight, then dredge in cayenne, salt, and pepper seasoned flour, and shallow fried in corn oil.
She never soaked. Milk and egg and salt and peppered flour. Fried in Crisco.
Southern isn't corn oil. Southern is Crisco.

Back from the fish restaurant. A dozen oysters were consumed followed by mussels It was 'mussel night', so eat as many mussels (moule marinieres) as you like for £10.50 ($13.42) per person including skinny French fries. I don't know if that seems expensive over the pond...

Back from the fish restaurant. A dozen oysters were consumed followed by mussels It was 'mussel night', so eat as many mussels (moule marinieres) as you like for £10.50 ($13.42) per person including skinny French fries. I don't know if that seems expensive over the pond...
C H E A P.
Though seafood prices vary immensely depending on the region of the US. Here if you can get limited seafood for $20 (£15.64) per person, you got a great deal.

Oh and just for fun, buckytom and I are 3057 kilometers apart.

Yes, Crisco really is the old way, but I'm trying not to die so soon, so corn, vegetable, or canola oil is how I do,it.

Yes, Crisco really is the old way, but I'm trying not to die so soon, so corn, vegetable, or canola oil is how I do,it.
I use canola oil for frying because it is less sticky than vegetable oil.
Shortening is used for biscuits and flour tortillas.

I'm on my way to the market now; have to pick a few things up, so I'm trying to decide on what to make for dinner. The Mrs. is taking my boy to his MMA gym for the next few hours, so the kitchen is mine.

I'm trying to decide between chicken rogan josh over rice with a side of naan, or grilled lamb chops with onions and spuds with herbs du provence sour cream (again), or to make mussels fra diavolo to go with a pizza. Today is a Wednesday special large plain pie for $9 (£7) at a very good local pizza place.

I guess I'll decide on the way.

I'm on my way to the market now; have to pick a few things up, so I'm trying to decide on what to make for dinner. The Mrs. is taking my boy to his MMA gym for the next few hours, so the kitchen is mine.

I'm trying to decide between chicken rogan josh over rice with a side of naan, or grilled lamb chops with onions and spuds with herbs du provence sour cream (again), or to make mussels fra diavolo to go with a pizza. Today is a Wednesday special large plain pie for $9 (£7) at a very good local pizza place.

I guess I'll decide on the way.
What is on a plain pie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom