What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but that sounds disgusting... :sick: I'm not a fan of courgettes, green peppers or smoothies!

I don't mind courgettes, pickled preferably, but I know of many types of "green peppers" - which type specifically?

"Smoothies" I've no idea about but from the look of the pictures I've seen, I think I'll stay clear. Tetley's smooth wasn't bad but it will never beat best bitter.

We went for a ride in the country yesterday, stopped at a couple of plant nursuries to buy some new shrubs to replace the dying and/or cheap ones around our house (the original owner had no taste in landscaping), and to look for a stable that has public horseback riding. We didn't find a good stable, but managed to puck up some really nice scotch brooms and andromeda plants.

On the way home, we stopped at a diner. The Mrs. had a veggie burger and salad, my boy had sliced steak on gatlic bread and chips (proper ones), and I had a hot, open faced turkey sandwich with mashed and lots of gravy.
And a salad. Gotta stay healthy...:p:

And, in order to stay healthy, my boy and I had a couple of steaming bowls Korean style beef knuckle and seaweed soup for breakfast.

0419171054d.jpg

Not very appetizing looking, but delicious nonetheless.

We went for a ride in the country yesterday, stopped at a couple of plant nursuries to buy some new shrubs to replace the dying and/or cheap ones around our house (the original owner had no taste in landscaping), and to look for a stable that has public horseback riding. We didn't find a good stable, but managed to puck up some really nice scotch brooms and andromeda plants.

On the way home, we stopped at a diner. The Mrs. had a veggie burger and salad, my boy had sliced steak on gatlic bread and chips (proper ones), and I had a hot, open faced turkey sandwich with mashed and lots of gravy.
And a salad. Gotta stay healthy...:p:
Nice! As quite a keen (naturalistic) gardener, I would be interested to know what members here have in their gardens. Care to tell?

I will post some photos in the Your Photos thread (in the Cooking Bites cafe section) but - to describe - I transformed the boring, high maintenance lawn in my back garden into a lawn meadow! Also have 2 young trees - a fig and an acer/maple tree, a very tall bay tree and a medlar tree. Also some deep red peony bushes, rose bushes (well...more of a tree and also a climber) plus countless potted plants!

As a naturalist gardener I welcome most 'weeds' (definition of which is a plant in the wrong place!). For instance, I have red valerian growing wild in my front garden...see the Your Photos thread (Cooking Bites cafe section)...posting there now.

Last edited:
And, in order to stay healthy, my boy and I had a couple of steaming bowls Korean style beef knuckle and seaweed soup for breakfast.

View attachment 6563

Not very appetizing looking, but delicious nonetheless.
I am sure it is highly nutritious! I saw the photo before I read the caption and thought they were dried prunes soaking!

Yes..no choice when you are self employed..we can't find qualified staff to handle the volume. I've been going in for the busy periods then either going and lying down on the office couch or going home early..getting better by the day...we have a contract for school board luncheons at a nearby facility. Very busy today and the rest of the week. We need everybody there...we have a small staff to begin with
Hey Rock, it isn't just the self-employed down here that can't find staff. Everywhere is hiring here. Many stores are down 1/3 to 1/2 the staff they are supposed to have and the companies won't allow overtime.
Where hubby works is supposed to have 6 people, they have 4. There are 11.5 work hours a day 6 days a week. Ok so today will probably be at least 12 hours because there are only 2 people working. Both girls have the day off. Same idea tomorrow afternoon. He gets one full day off, and several mornings off.

Well, there is a certain - minor - cause for celebration in our household tonight. So are we doing something really special for our evening meal? Let me say only this: A certain Colonel from the American deep south is providing tea tonight.

Oh joy.

Oof, KFC can be decent fried chicken, but you have to huy it either just after they open, or just before the dinner rush when it's freshly broasted (pressure fried). The longer it sits under the heat lamps, the nastier it gets.

Really? don't you like courgettes and green peppers? Smoothies with fruits are so good (for me)
No I really don't. I don't mind green peppers if they are cooked although I think red ones are much better. Courgettes I find watery and insipid. As for smoothies - I call that baby food! The very word 'smoothies' upsets me. Why do I want smooth food? Why would I want to mush my food together and 'drink' it cold? I know other people like smoothies. I sometimes think I'm the only one who doesn't!

I don't mind courgettes, pickled preferably, but I know of many types of "green peppers" - which type specifically?

"Smoothies" I've no idea about but from the look of the pictures I've seen, I think I'll stay clear. Tetley's smooth wasn't bad but it will never beat best bitter.
I think the green peppers refer to bell peppers (not chillies).

Oof, KFC can be decent fried chicken, but you have to huy it either just after they open, or just before the dinner rush when it's freshly broasted (pressure fried). The longer it sits under the heat lamps, the nastier it gets.

I won't be fighting for first choice from the bucket. Never mind, I bought (yeah bought, not made) a lemon cheesecake yesterday and no else wanted it. So there's plenty left tonight. I'll have to get that again. What? Selfish what did you say?

Well observed! It pays off, doesn't it!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom