What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch today was risotto with asparagus in parmesan basket cheese...to eat all!
IMG-20170418-WA0005.jpg

:bravo:Very very delicious...and cinnamon...well, I simply love it!
I'm going to try making them again in a few days. You should have seen the mess I got into making them! Basically you make a rich nread dough, leave it to rise and then roll it into a square. You then spread cinnamon/butter all over it and fold it over into a rectangle.

Then you cut it into strips, twist the strips and wrap them around your hand twice to make a knot. The trouble is I misread the recipe and cut the strips along the long side of the rectangle rather than the short side! So I ended up yards of dough to twist and try to form into a knot! They are supposed to be much neater and their should have been 16 regular sized buns rather than the 8 gigantic ones I made. :laugh:

Having said that they are very light, which I hadn't expected. I will post up the recipe but probably not until I've made them again.

Last edited:
I ate a late dinner last nigh; lamb burgers with tomato, onion, and goat cheese on sesame buns, side o' steak fries.

Here's the burgers cooking, the buns awaiting them, and the fries. No money shot, though, as the vultures swooped in before I got a chance to take a picture of it assembled.

0417172244e.jpg

0417172251b.jpg
0417172257b_HDR.jpg

Yes. I bought about 600g of ground lamb and made 4 patties. They were a little on the fatty side, but oh so tasty.

Yes. I bought about 600g of ground lamb and made 4 patties. They were a little on the fatty side, but oh so tasty.
Yes there is something to be said for not having lean mince when it comes to burgers (or bolognese sauce come to that!) It has a stringy, dry, fibrous texture without some fat. I quite like turkey thigh mince but - if I get the breast mince (or lean steak mince) I will add pancetta to it.

I have been fighting a pretty nasty flu for the last few days...and, there is talk of many people in the community developing pneumonia. I don't think I am there, but I haven't been this sick in years..any hoo....I'm in need of some old fashioned comfort food.. and, that is a hot chicken sandwich with creamy mashed potatoes, smothered in chicken gravy...corn on the cob with butter. High in carbs and sodium. Just what the soul needs....

I have been fighting a pretty nasty flu for the last few days...and, there is talk of many people in the community developing pneumonia. I don't think I am there, but I haven't been this sick in years..any hoo....I'm in need of some old fashioned comfort food.. and, that is a hot chicken sandwich with creamy mashed potatoes, smothered in chicken gravy...corn on the cob with butter. High in carbs and sodium. Just what the soul needs....
Hope you get well soon. Do you feel like eating with flu?

I always think a good chicken soup (Jewish penicillin!) is just what the body needs when ill (maybe more for colds than flu though?) Thing is you wouldn't want to be up to making it at such a time! I guess making some before you are ill and freezing it might be a good idea though.

If you don't feel like putting your hair up in that style (i.e. Princess Leia) then, here's what you can do with cinnamon buns!

Tessa-Wearing-Bun.jpg

Tonight is very simple and vegetarian - root vegetable and cauliflower bake in cheese sauce with home-made bread.

I also had a simple meal. Bought some ham (reduced price) so incorporated it into a new potato salad along with red pepper, lamb's lettuce and chopped tomato. Was a great combo to eat!

Hope you get well soon. Do you feel like eating with flu?

I always think a good chicken soup (Jewish penicillin!) is just what the body needs when ill (maybe more for colds than flu though?) Thing is you wouldn't want to be up to making it at such a time! I guess making some before you are ill and freezing it might be a good idea though.

If you don't feel like putting your hair up in that style (i.e. Princess Leia) then, here's what you can do with cinnamon buns!

Tessa-Wearing-Bun.jpg
I have been eating sporadically over the last few days. Mostly in little bits, or bad take out because I have no energy to cook after working all day. Today, I am feeling better and it is a scheduled half day for me so I am looking forward for some good home cooking.. thanks for the fasion tip. Hope it doesn't stick to my hair too much..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom