What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown butter and sage orecchiette with Italian sausage. Craig made garlic bread with some of the rolls I made yesterday.

That tomato is from my neighbor, and the corn came from a local farm, and that's just grilled cheese for the sandwich.

This toss-up supper came about because I started making a recipe and then realized half the ingredients are in my upcoming grocery order. Oops!

Some of my best meals come from what I have on hand. I figure it makes me think on my feet. That seems to be when I do my best work, cooking or otherwise.

CD

It would be Porto, if it comes from Portugal through the city of Porto. If it comes from anywhere else, it is Port.

I love a good vintage Porto. I'm glad it is expensive, so I can only have it as a special treat.

CD
When I moved into my new house, the former tenant left the attic full of trash that I had to take out (that woman kept receipts of every bill she paid since the 1980's). I was super upset, until I found out she also forgot there a bottle of unopened Porto wine. Along with what seemed like a bottle of homemade moonshine (that one I didn't keep).

Edit: this is the bottle she left in the attic

When I moved into my new house, the former tenant left the attic full of trash that I had to take out (that woman kept receipts of every bill she paid since the 1980's). I was super upset, until I found out she also forgot there a bottle of unopened Porto wine. Along with what seemed like a bottle of homemade moonshine (that one I didn't keep).

Edit: this is the bottle she left in the attic

I love a good port after dinner. Great find!

We went with Asian flavors last night. Pork sliders and cold noodle salad. The salad will keep me busy for breakfast and/or lunch for a few days. It was nice and spicy! medtran made the slider buns which were great!

View attachment 45079

Next time I make pork sliders, I'm going back to my recipe for the meatballs in the Banh Mi sandwiches we make and turn the mixture into patties. I've done that before and the were really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom