What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roast chicken breast with Nando's piri piri marinade. Roast potatoes and carrots/green beans.

I love Havarti cheese, yum! What's the other cheese on the plate?
Havarti, Gruyere, and Guggisberg Ohio Baby Swiss (which is probably made fairly near you). It's all similar cheese, but that's what I had on hand.

That's also Troyer's Trail bologna, which is also probably made up near you. I love that stuff.

Havarti, Gruyere, and Guggisberg Ohio Baby Swiss (which is probably made fairly near you). It's all similar cheese, but that's what I had on hand.

That's also Troyer's Trail bologna, which is also probably made up near you. I love that stuff.
Ah yeah, I see Troyer's products in our stores, but I am not sure where it is made. I am not a fan of bologna, no matter who makes it. They have many other fine products, though.

The Havarti was easily recognisable. I adore Gruyere and like Baby Swiss, though Havarti is one my most FAVORITE types of cheese. I think that the Guggisberg factory is in between my part of Ohio to yours. It's probably closer to me, but not that close where I go there regularly. I know it's in Amish Country, Millersburg I think? I have been there once but it's been about 10 years.

I ned to get back to cold smoking cheese in the winter. It is so easy to do. I just pick a night when it is 40F or below. I have my tin can and soldering iron DIY cold smoke generator, and my Weber kettle. The cheese smokes, but stays refrigerator cold.

My favorite cheese to smoke it Swiss. They all taste good, but that's my favorite.

CD

Guggisberg...their mailing address is Millersburg, but they're really in Charm, quite a distance away. The family run a small hotel, the cheese place, and a damn fine (if somewhat kitschy) restaurant.

We usually go up twice a year, it's about three hours from us, and there's also a good winery just up the road near Sugarcreek. Our dog was rescued out of Canton, and we stayed in New Philadelphia when we picked her up.

Guggisberg...their mailing address is Millersburg, but they're really in Charm, quite a distance away. The family run a small hotel, the cheese place, and a damn fine (if somewhat kitschy) restaurant.

We usually go up twice a year, it's about three hours from us, and there's also a good winery just up the road near Sugarcreek. Our dog was rescued out of Canton, and we stayed in New Philadelphia when we picked her up.
Oh right, yes the Guggisberg is in Charm (pronounced Karm). Never ate at the restaurant.

Ah yeah, I see Troyer's products in our stores, but I am not sure where it is made. I am not a fan of bologna, no matter who makes it. They have many other fine products, though.

The Havarti was easily recognisable. I adore Gruyere and like Baby Swiss, though Havarti is one my most FAVORITE types of cheese. I think that the Guggisberg factory is in between my part of Ohio to yours. It's probably closer to me, but not that close where I go there regularly. I know it's in Amish Country, Millersburg I think? I have been there once but it's been about 10 years.

Havarti and masdaam are our faves. We get ours from barrys bay cheese. Beautiful select cheeses.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom