What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was Saturday night usual. Chips, egg and sausage, sort of...

Sweet potato fries, vegan nuggets, garden peas and homegrown fried egg.

Today I got chance to cook. Luckily it is a quick meal to prepare because we've been very busy these last few weeks with another couple of very busy weeks to follow...

Mushroom Tart. The IGA (sort of mini supermarket for small towns (UK equivalent to the Spar in a village with no other shops) had some excellent mushrooms in (all sorts, i picked up 3 packets of different wild mushrooms in addition to some very fresh field mushrooms) so a quick change to our planned menu was made. I made up a batch of vegan butter, rounded up some garlic and send hubby to the veg plot for fresh parsley. Vegan puff pastry from the freezer in sheets, only need 1 sheet (and only ⅔rds of one at that) for 2 servings... And tea is served

Stuffed Portobello with tuna, black olives, cream cheese and diced cherry toms and purple potatoes with herbs.

I remember those beef croquettes since a cousin of mine lives in the Netherlands for over 20 years by now and once he brought them to us. Very good!
Yes they are, really tasty. I won't claim we Dutch have a really impressive culinary heritage because we don't but we do have decent, tasty food if you know where to get it.

We got up early and went to Primosten with Dil and Trine. On the way we checked out 3 BBQ restaurants for lunch. So a nice swim then lunch 1kg of little pig, I kg of lamb, proper chips and peka bread, washed down with draught Karlvovacko beer., Pud crepes with ice cream
Life is good!
1629639388778.png
1629639409294.png
1629639424983.png
1629639441105.png
1629639459403.png

Yes they are, really tasty. I won't claim we Dutch have a really impressive culinary heritage because we don't but we do have decent, tasty food if you know where to get it.

I ate very well when I have been to your Country, as you say, you can have tasty food (everywhere) if you know where to get it 👍🏻This involves Italy too 😉

We got up early and went to Primosten with Dil and Trine. On the way we checked out 3 BBQ restaurants for lunch. So a nice swim then lunch 1kg of little pig, I kg of lamb, proper chips and peka bread, washed down with draught Karlvovacko beer., Pud crepes with ice cream
Life is good!
View attachment 69778

This would be considered "proper" BBQ in Texas, too. :okay:

1629639388778.png

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom