What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Lasagne, homemade.

As you may deduce from the next two images, the timer on my Halogen Oven is playing up again. I shall be replacing the top bit shortly if anyone has any ideas what only the bowl and/or stand may be used for?

Fruit bowl? Salad bowl? Fruit salad bowl? Mixing bowl?
Possibly the first is the most practical, if you agree.
It is a nice photo too.

It is a nice photo too.

Well, we don't eat that much fruit (it's 12 litre capacity) and it's really a bit big for a salad bowl also. We have a 6 litre mixing bowl already. I was thinking more of an outside job (it takes up a lot of room).

However, as it still works except for the timer, my wife has decided to give it to the recycle man.

We bought a new one today, half price Cuzimate (around £20.00).

Last edited:
Well, we don't eat that much fruit (it's 12 litre capacity) and it's really a bit big for a salad bowl also. We have a 6 litre mixing bowl already. I was thinking more of an outside job (it takes up a lot of room).

However, as it still works except for the timer, my wife has decided to give it to the recycle man.

We bought a new one today, half price Cuzimate (around £18.00).
Very well done!

I love the big menu and the big font saying Welcome to...(oh I did not scroll down to how you found the food)
Oh ok, so you enjoyed it, good!
Happy birthday to Mrs T!🎉🥂🍰✨🍀
Thanks!

It is a nice photo too.
I had an enameled dutch oven I left in the oven during the self-clean cycle, so all the enamel cracked and flaked all over it.

I was going to pitch it, and my neighbor asked for it. She turned it into a planter!

Thanks!

I had an enameled dutch oven I left in the oven during the self-clean cycle, so all the enamel cracked and flaked all over it.

I was going to pitch it, and my neighbor asked for it. She turned it into a planter!
Sorry about the Dutch oven. But I wish Miss T a belated happy birthday!

Simmered how? In water? That is a lot of garlic and onion....
Mainly, the water/liquid released by the onions (and later, the pork).

It took a few hours, but it got there. I also had some sticking in the pot, so I had to do a few rounds of boiling water and baking soda to get that up. Once it had reduced, I put it all in a smaller pot to simmer in the oven...and it simmered over and got all over everything in the oven, so now that's going through its four-hour cleaning cycle.

I was pretty irritated, TBH, partly due to that and partly because of my doctor visit earlier yesterday, but when it was all done, I had MrsT taste it (this is her home-cooked birthday meal - somehow, she gets three: home-cooked, local restaurant, and fancy restaurant 🤷🏻‍♂️), and for all that work, I thought, "This stuff better be good!"

She tasted it and flipped her lid, and it should be even better today, because it's sat overnight.

You'll see it posted later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom