What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braised chicken
1630008042380.png

Today's meal was two cold cuts sandwiches on dark rye bread with French fries and an iced coca cola.

full.jpg

The sandwiches included horseradish mustard, butterhead lettuce, onion, prosciutto, genoa salami, sopressata salami, Canadian bacon and havarti cheese.

Last edited:
Tonight is MrsT's birthday meal (2 of 3):

This came from my new Walter Staib cookbook, and he names it "Pork & Sauerkraut Casserole," but it's pretty much standard Hungarian goulash, made with pork shoulder and sauerkraut mixed in.

I served it over buttered egg noodles, with buttermilk mashed potatoes and a supermarket bakery roll on the side (when will I ever learn?).

It took half a day to make and wrecked my kitchen, but MrsT announced that it was in the top three of all meals she's ever had. Oddly, I wasn't that crazy about it, even though I love goulash and kraut...I just don't like them cooked together. Had the kraut been on the side, that would have been better for me.

I just bought pork sausages and a jar of sauerkraut for a future meal.

last night was roasted spaghetti squash stuffed with bolognese from the freezer and topped with loads of cheese.

Tonight is hubs night to cook as I’ll be driving 2 hours home from work so he’s making beef burgers.

It is the first headmaster teachers meeting at work today after the summer break. I am a little excited.

It will most likely be 4 h of commute for a 20 min meeting, but what must be done...

Yesterday lunch was pasta con funghi ( in a butter and cream sauce) for kid and lasagne leftovers for me. Later I tried the last two bites of oasta con funghi, wow👍😊.

Mushrooms were on sale , beautiful.

IMG_20210826_190910.jpg lIMG_20210826_191255.jpg

Later that day I bought erythritol to use as sweetener in baked goods, and this lovely almond butter. Absolutely stunning. It does have 31 g of sugar( I did not read the label), so I will only have a little, kid loves it too.

And these chips were a great snack for the later evening, rice chia quinoa,lightky salted.

Don't do it Shermie, don't buy one! 😅
Jokes aside, its an average-made product (at best) imported from China and their support is limited.

This is a smoker that a friend used to haul around the country on his pick-up. We called it "The Rocket" as it resembled Stephenson's steam engine. Unfortunately he died about 5 years ago. We never did discover what happened to it.

This is a smoker that a friend used to haul around the country on his pick-up. We called it "The Rocket" as it resembled Stephenson's steam engine. Unfortunately he died about 5 years ago. We never did discover what happened to it.

Here's how we do it in Frisco, Texas. :laugh:

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 1.30.16 AM.jpg

Well, how we did it. The History Channel bought the rights to it, and it went away. I have no idea where.

BTW, my sad emoji was for the loss of your friend. I hope the smoker is still getting used.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom