What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been waiting for this every since I got sick ...
IMG_3089.JPG

A gorgeous Calzone and a glass of red wine on the side.
I couldn't do cheese for quite some time and this is a deluxe version with the works in it!

You have sorrel! I grew some this year and its brilliant. I thought it would be just like spinach or chard but its not. It has an almost fizzy citrus taste. And it would go well with lentils I've been thinking...
Yeah, I've got 3 types. English sorrel (huge leaves and very tasty stems), another sorrel I've abandoned (it's green and purple but little taste) and a wild sheep's sorrel which is what this is made with.

Yeah, I've got 3 types. English sorrel (huge leaves and very tasty stems), another sorrel I've abandoned (it's green and purple but little taste) and a wild sheep's sorrel which is what this is made with.

This is the English sorrel.
20230826_140551.jpg

The sheep's sorrel is also known as field sorrel and I do tear it out by the handful in summer but don't mind it.
Sheep’s sorrel / RHS Gardening

The 3rd is red veined sorrel, but my leaves are much redder than the ones in the gardeners world link here (Rumex sanguineus (Red-Veined Sorrel) | BBC Gardeners World Magazine). I've removed that to one of the flower beds but it also grows wild in the lawn, as does my wild rocket!

Wife loves to play cards with friends in the afternoons, so guess who ends up making snacks/lunch/dinner?
Yesterday, they'd already had lunch, so I went with bruschetta. Tomato, bocconcini, garlic, fresh herbs, marinated for 4 hours, and tuna, capers, black and green olives, parsley and lime juice. I made 16 for the four of them, assuming there'd be some left over for me.
Wrong assumption!
Bruschetta tomato,herb and bocconcini and tuna with olives capers and lime.jpg

Easily in photoshop or other photo tweaking software. But as is always said its best not to use a flash in the first place for food snaps (or any artificial light unless you are a professional).

I'm currently staying downstairs as much as possible so I don't have to fully cool down the upstairs during this heat wave. I'm using my MacBook Pro, which does not have my Adobe creative cloud software, like Photoshop, on it. I just used Preview, which is included on all Macs.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom