What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coffee with coconut butter, a banana for breakfast.
Camomille tea for in between and on the go.
Waiting for the postman with Saffron, then heading to the farmer's market.

Yesterday and today...

Hubby can't home early on Wednesday to cook our evening meal.

He served it over cauliflower, rather a lot of cauliflower. It was a big cauliflower, 😆

20240802_180818.jpg
20240731_182056.jpg
20240731_132502.jpg

I've just noticed how beautiful his skin is. I wish my arms' skin were so pretty.
i don't think anyone has ever said that before. It never occurred to me but his skin is remarkably unwrinkled and unblemished. I would tell him but he wouldn't understand a word I was saying.

It was funny, I was just frying up AND turning my cheese, as the postman rang. I dropped the cheese quickly, the crust moved a tad. And the unflipped block got really dark on the one side, while we did the payment, signature, receipt.

However, am elated to have gotten the saffron!

And today's meal was 2 new recipes, both absolutely delicious!

Braised red cabbage with aceto balsamico, white wine, caraway seeds, cinnamon. ( inspired by a BBC Good Food recipe)

Fried blocks of vegan cheese, inspired by Provoleta. Pleasantly surprised how well it fried. As it doesn't bake as well.

Simple boiled potatoes.

20240802_134550.jpg
20240802_134836.jpg
20240802_111222.jpg
20240802_140324.jpg

Made a couple of potato salads and am very happy with them both.
First one Clearance Potato Salad (ie what to do with the little bits of stuff in the fridge and cupboards).
This time a fair bit of celery with pine nut and dill plus the usual culprits.

IMG_3856.jpeg

And this lovely creation.
Hope you’re not too disappointed with this attempt Morning Glory!
It seemed to turn out a lot redder.
Very tasty.
IMG_3846.jpeg

I came up with a potato salad shortcut, it worked well but I’ll stick that in the potato salad thread 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom