What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was living up on the Kitsap Peninsula in Washington State, we had a huge briar climbing up the road embankment in back of the house. Blackberries were easy to get.

You just had not to mind the numerous little spiders that called the briars home. The big green banana slugs were less fearsome.

Only threat here are the birds, blackbirds and starlings. And my grandkids,lol.

Russ

After eating my Radicchio Chicken Salad for lunch, I have for dinner, used the Avocado Salad Dressing as a condiment on Breaded Chicken Patty with Melted Cheddar Cheese Sandwiches. It was great!

Made a sandwich with the last of the pot roast. Shredded it, tossed it in the warmed broth I'd saved, toasted some buns, added some cheese and just a hint of horseradish sauce. Very good, and accompanied with Walker's tomato ketchup crisps. Started with a chopped lettuce salad tossed in tomato vinaigrette.

When I was living up on the Kitsap Peninsula in Washington State, we had a huge briar climbing up the road embankment in back of the house. Blackberries were easy to get.

You just had not to mind the numerous little spiders that called the briars home. The big green banana slugs were less fearsome.
Our property is bounded on two sides by wild black raspberries. MrsT just starts at one end and eats her way down to the other. We get the fairly large long-legged multi-colored garden spiders here, and I'm positively phobic about spiders, so I won't go out there, but she doesn't mind.

One summer, though, a black snake tumbled off the tree above her and landed at her feet, and she's terrified of snakes, so that did her for raspberries that year. :)

Made a sandwich with the last of the pot roast. Shredded it, tossed it in the warmed broth I'd saved, toasted some buns, added some cheese and just a hint of horseradish sauce. Very good, and accompanied with Walker's tomato ketchup crisps. Started with a chopped lettuce salad tossed in tomato vinaigrette.

Our property is bounded on two sides by wild black raspberries. MrsT just starts at one end and eats her way down to the other. We get the fairly large long-legged multi-colored garden spiders here, and I'm positively phobic about spiders, so I won't go out there, but she doesn't mind.

One summer, though, a black snake tumbled off the tree above her and landed at her feet, and she's terrified of snakes, so that did her for raspberries that year. :)

Howz that old saying go? Leave them alone. They don't eat much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom