What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's not good is that I broke our Christmas pud teapot,
If you have all of the pieces mate and you return to London the British Museum had a repair department that for a fee would repair porcelain and pottery. I bought a repaired (crap) Sevre plate in Cape Town for 20 rand. The Museum took it to bits repaired it and re fired it. It sold at Bonham for an excellent profit. Perhaps someone in the US does the same

Pre expected full lockdown ( see corona thread) meal. Speaks for itself I reckon.

If you have all of the pieces mate and you return to London the British Museum had a repair department that for a fee would repair porcelain and pottery. I bought a repaired (crap) Sevre plate in Cape Town for 20 rand. The Museum took it to bits repaired it and re fired it. It sold at Bonham for an excellent profit. Perhaps someone in the US does the same
Thanks, that's very interesting!

We've already superglued it back together, but by the looks of it, we won't be getting a job with the British Museum's Pottery Repair Department any time soon. It's now retired and on display in one of our curio cabinets, and the replacement pot should arrive by the 19th.

We have a bunch of Swarovski Christmas ornaments and a little piece broke off one a few years ago. They include a little blurb about repair services, and it was something like I would have to pay for shipping and insurance both was, agree to a minimum repair fee of $50US, and agree that they weren't liable if they effed it up even more in the process.

I took it to the local jeweler, they repaired it while I waited (and I had a cup of coffee on them while there) and charged me a whopping...$8! :laugh:

How many pictures of Pizzas can you stomach?

Personally, I'd rather stomach the Pizzas. So you won't get a picture of the Pizza I just polished off.

But I will give a description. I usually like Soppressata on my Pizzas, but this time, in addition to the Garlic, Scallions, Serrano Peppers, Red Pepper and Oregano, I put Coppa. That fateful mistake made for a very sloppy pizza. I guess Coppa has more fat than Soppressata. :chef:

I often eat on the run when doing stuff, went out a few hrs ago to pick up stuff for grandkids, gas for wagon, picked up booze ( 3 bottles rum) Coke for rum, plus a few other things.
Grabbed a pie from a dairy 7/11 type shop, normally a $2 pie but they had a new one, steak n cheese, $3.50 so I got that. I'm getting them from now on. Great pie with lots of fillings. Wife's out late again, prolly won't worry about dinner. My friend just left with 2 smoked chicken fettucine 1 shepherds pie, 1 lemon chicken and rice . All frozen left overs from last 10 days. He's feeling a lot better.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom