What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meat samosas (made with phyllo dough) with rice
IMG_20201213_203623.jpg

I am trying to reign back Sunday lunches, focus more on fewer elements. I have been guilty of over complicating things. Today's effort was built around a shoulder of pork, rubbed with EVOO, Chinese five spice (such a good combo with pork), paprika, salt and pepper, vac-packed and cooked in a water bath for 20 hours at 70 deg C. Sweetcorn with lemon zest and crispy sage leaves. Onion sauce. Finished with a gravy made from last night's pheasant bones and Madeira wine. It was really good. I need to carry on making thinks simpler.
View attachment 52715

You're definitely the King of roast spuds, you really are! Amazing.

Russ

This was thrown together quickly, using some of our Christmas hamper goodies:

Egg mayonnaise and roast beef with horseradish cream for the sandwiches. The mince pie and the chocolate-orange florentines are on the top.

The scones...golden raisins and dried cranberries worked into buttermilk scone dough. The dough was quite wet this time around, so the scones really spread on the baking sheet - somewhere between a scone and a cookie. Still good, though.

What's not good is that I broke our Christmas pud teapot, which we've had for 25 years or so, and that particular one, though nothing special monetarily, did hold a lot of sentimental value. I shall be spending the night sleeping elsewhere, I do believe, and am just thankful I've not been turned out of the house completely. :( - I may not live to morning. :eek:
We have teapots aplenty here. say the word and I will send one over.

I'm doing that as well this week. Sauce in fridge ATM.

Russ

Same here! Special request from MrsTasty.

We have teapots aplenty here. say the word and I will send one over.
Do you have a Christmas pud shaped one? :)

We bought it in 1993, at the Black Knight shop on the airbase at Upper Heyford in Oxfordshire. The airbases with Americans had these gift shops with typical British-themed gifts/souvenirs, both for Americans stationed there and as gifts to send home; teapots, cricket bats, David Winter cottages, that kind of stuff.

I've already replaced it - just ordered a similar one from Amazon. Let's hope it calms the waters a bit. I'm definitely getting the stinky eye this evening.

Time to use up some of that Radicchio, Cucumber, etc. and Avocado Salad Dressing.

But that was a side to Chicken Cordon Bleu (Barber's).

ChickenCordonBleu.jpg

Barber's makes some good stuffed Chicken products, Chicken Cordon Bleu and Broccoli Stuffed Chicken being the ones I like.

These are a staple at Christmas time. Seems like almost everyone has some variation of these.

8EAC87E9-DEF4-4A40-80C3-C442D6BBCF99.jpeg

Quick meatballs, done up in a sauce made with a can of cranberry sauce, a bottle of Heinz chili sauce, some brown sugar, mustard, garlic, and lemon juice.

Served with a black Riesling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom