What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may not yet be feeling much Christmas cheer, but at least the food prep is under way. This afternoon I assembled the five bird roast - duck (legs and breast), chicken, pheasant, partridge and grouse, a stuffing made from sausagemeat, dried cranberries and pistachio nuts.

Rolled and frozen until a couple of days before Christmas, when it will be thawed and wrapped in Parma ham. 2 1/2 hours at 75 deg C in a water bath then one hour to finish in the oven.

I may not yet be feeling much Christmas cheer, but at least the food prep is under way. This afternoon I assembled the five bird roast - duck (legs and breast), chicken, pheasant, partridge and grouse, a stuffing made from sausagemeat, dried cranberries and pistachio nuts.
View attachment 52802
Rolled and frozen until a couple of days before Christmas, when it will be thawed and wrapped in Palma ham. 2 1/2 hours at 75 deg C in a water bath then one hour to finish in the oven.
View attachment 52803

I'm impressed!

Today I needed to use up some stuff in the fridge before it goes bad, Chicken Breast and Broccoli.

CreamedChickenBroccoli.jpg

I cream sauced it using chervil and dill.

Now I'll move some lamb from the freezer into the fridge to thaw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it qualifies as food (though there is egg in one of the recipes)....but made Vietnamese coffee two ways for breakfast. Am now extremely jacked up for the day after making this video.

I was first introduced to Vietnamese Coffee (Da) several years ago by a Japanese American friend. It is much to be appreciated as a splendid coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cup of tea and a first for me, I found a jar of marmalade in the pantry, hell knows X where it came from, label says made in Manchester uk. My wife spotted it on the bench and as I was on the computer in the office, asked if I wanted a piece of toast with marmalade, she never makes me food. She did a good job, it was real good..I will have this again.

Russ

View attachment 52802
Rolled and frozen until a couple of days before Christmas, when it will be thawed and wrapped in Palma ham. 2 1/2 hours at 75 deg C in a water bath then one hour to finish in the oven.
View attachment 52803
Sounds almost like a turduken roll!!!!

Kind of getting back to normal. Slow oven roasted a good chunk of pork butt, 250 for about 7 hours, wrapped and put in a dish of scalloped potatoes, and steamed some green beans. Pork was moist and falling apart. Rest of it will be used for a pork and fennel ragu to go over pasta, and some will be mixed with BBQ sauce for pulled pork sandwiches.

I ate light tonight -- sort of. I have another #$%# doctor's appointment at 8:30AM, in Dallas. The drive would take 30 minutes at 2PM, but will take over an hour during morning rush hour, even with Covid keeping a lot of people off the roads.

Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower with a quick butter/cheese sauce.

CD

I ate light tonight -- sort of. I have another #$%# doctor's appointment at 8:30AM, in Dallas. The drive would take 30 minutes at 2PM, but will take over an hour during morning rush hour, even with Covid keeping a lot of people off the roads.

Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower with a quick butter/cheese sauce.

CD
Best of luck CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom