What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of fried eggs with pan-fried cherry tomatoes and dried oregano

I had some Idaho Russets that were beginning to sprout eyes and some Lamb left over from my last Recipe.

So, I did this for today's meal...

LambAndBakedPotato.jpg

The Lamb is leftover Stewing Lamb and I created a Gravy using Anaheim Pepper, Scallions, Garlic, Marjoram, Thyme, Rosemary, Half N Half and Rye Flour.

The Baked Potato is halved and covered with Cayenne Pepper Sauce, Sour Cream and Cheddar Cheese.

The Lamb combo turned out incredibly flavorful. :chef::okay:

Palusami...traditional Fijian dish. Not the prettiest to look at, but a good example of making the most from the most humble ingredients. In Fiji they use taro leaves, and wrap them around a tinned corn beef, onion, and coconut cream mixture. They are then usually slow cooked underground as part of a lovo (underground cooked feast). Here in Oz, I had to sub in silverbeet leaves, and use a conventional oven.

View: https://youtu.be/VbOLcrlpfhU

We just finished the fondant. We are now starting to make the marzipan stollen. To make a classic stollen like we are doing. It needs to be cooled after baking then slathered with melted butter, coated with caster sugar then icing sugar. Then you put it in a tin and let it mature for a min of 5 days. Under lock and key in my case. Pics of stollen later.
1608282187329.png
1608282202980.png
1608282225098.png

Last edited:
How do you make your sticky chicken?
I roast the bits in a covered tray till nearly cooked. Take out and put in a bowl of H/M spicy bbq sauce, let them marinade for a few hour then.nuke em in the oven

Reactions: mjd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom