What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some homemade rendang & chicken-tofu satay in the freezer so thats what we ate with spicy mango pickle and rice.

Stollen, the story so far. The dried fruit and spices have macerated enough in plum brandy. I made a very rich dough with eggs and butter. Its very sunny again so the first rise was quite fast, the bowl is green plastic not the dough. Mrs B kneaded the fruit into the dough her way. I do it the other way round, dough on table fruit on top. The stollen logs will go in the oven in about an hour, this gives me time to put the spicy pork in yogurt on .
1608297581204.png
1608297726506.png
1608297751226.png
1608297770322.png
1608297797886.png
1608297824222.png

Stollen, the story so far. The dried fruit and spices have macerated enough in plum brandy. I made a very rich dough with eggs and butter. Its very sunny again so the first rise was quite fast, the bowl is green plastic not the dough. Mrs B kneaded the fruit into the dough her way. I do it the other way round, dough on table fruit on top. The stollen logs will go in the oven in about an hour, this gives me time to put the spicy pork in yogurt on .
View attachment 53084

Looking at the finished product, I am reminded of my vision of what Robagusti Bread will turn out to be. This Bread will be my own invention using Turmeric for the Recipe Challenge.

There will be differences however, among which, the Bread will be a round Bread, not elongate and the included ingredients in the Dough won't be Fruit or Berries. And the Dough will be much different.

Thanks for the post.

Its got to prove and double mate. I will post the pics of it when it comes out of the oven before starting the maturation process. I actually love working with my wife, I provide the muscle Mrs B provides the artistic angels touch.

Same here, I'm the muscle, but I've yet to see her artistic touch. :)

Russ

This was just cobbled together, to get rid of some wrinkly potatoes:
Cabbage, potatoes, caraway, all cooked in beer, butter, and bacon grease, and a German sausage.

Sehr gut, ja! 🇩🇪

Es sieht ein sehr schmeck heftige Essen aus. Hier präsentieren Sie etwas Einfaches und Befriedigendes. Zum wohl prost. 🇺🇸

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom