What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple pasta with spicy tomato sauce & cheese.

As expected, work is very very quiet this week, so I took the opportunity to make some mince pies:

Fw9XOF2.jpg

The star-topped ones are marzipan - its the first time I've tried using marzipan as a topping instead of pastry and it appears to have worked pretty well except the ends of the stars caught a bit.....I didn't have a small enough star cutter so I had to cut them by hand and I think they're a little too big for the pies.

As expected, work is very very quiet this week, so I took the opportunity to make some mince pies:

View attachment 53316

The star-topped ones are marzipan - its the first time I've tried using marzipan as a topping instead of pastry and it appears to have worked pretty well except the ends of the stars caught a bit.....I didn't have a small enough star cutter so I had to cut them by hand and I think they're a little too big for the pies.
Mouser you sound just like Mrs B if this, if that! I can smell taste and crave them. We did not remember to make the mince meat and you can't buy it here so I am just going to smear the computer screen with brandy butter and lick it. They look perfect to me in a beautiful home made way. Bravo!

View attachment 53316

I've had exactly this problem with pastry stars (burnt tips). But they look great! And its good to see some food photos from you. :)

Reactions: mjd
We did not remember to make the mince meat and you can't buy it here
I'm afraid it is just M&S mincemeat - maybe next year I'll be organised enough to make my own.

And its good to see some food photos from you. :)
I took inspiration from one of your photos that had a tea towel in it to give a bit of colour :okay: (I love my quartz worktops, but they can be a bit harsh for photos).

(I love my quartz worktops, but they can be a bit harsh for photos).

:okay: Its the biggest mistake made in home photos of food. Those mottled, marbled or speckled tops (real or fake) are simply not good for food photos. Wood can be tricky too as its well, its brown and quite a lot of food is also brown. Matt painted wood is good.

After making a mess of dirty dishes doing my Turmeric Recipe Challenges today, I proceeded as follows ...

I ate a Spicy Fruit Paste Verrine for an appeteaser, followed by a Chicken Cordon Bleu with Brocolli Entree. Then I polished off another good dose of sugar, fruit and berries with a Copa de Fruitas en Capas dessert. Once you make these things, you gotta eat 'em. And that is indeed pleasurable. :p::chef:

Now all I gotta do is get up the ambition to wash all those dirty dishes and prep my Coffee Machine for tomorrow morning. :ohmy:

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom