What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig made a simple tomato sauce yesterday at my request. Today, I stirred the last of our nduja into it, then served the sauce over penne, topped with some ricotta mixed with Parm R, plus some extra grated parm. Everything was mixed together to eat.

It would have been better with pecorino romano, but we are out and I forgot to put it on the list so none got bought.

Craig made a simple tomato sauce yesterday at my request. Today, I stirred the last of our nduja into it, then served the sauce over penne, topped with some ricotta mixed with Parm R, plus some extra grated parm. Everything was mixed together to eat.

It would have been better with pecorino romano, but we are out and I forgot to put it on the list so none got bought.
View attachment 54471

Great to see him cooking again, really great!!

Russ

Great to see him cooking again, really great!!

Russ
Yep, he's going to be helping with several meals this week, either doing prep work or cooking something simple like the sauce above. I got everything together for him so he could sit on a stool and do his thing. I'll also be his helper on 1 dish. He wanted gumbo and that's always been his thing, but I'll be helping him, especially while he's making the roux and adding the veges.

View attachment 54471
Sauce today, BGE pizza tomorrow! :)

Dinner at my parent's house. They made beef and vegetable soup. It was good. I't's my recipe. :D They didn't season it enough, so I had to add some fresh ground pepper to my bowl. It could have used a few shots of hot sauce, but they didn't have any.

CD

Funnily enough cod isn't an oily fish. It tastes nothing like cod liver oil. Its a white fish with fairly big flakes - similar to haddock or hake.

Bad memories can ruin just the thought of some foods.

CD
Yes, caseydog hit the nail on the head. I've never had cod and there is no logical reason that I won't try it other than the horrible memories of burping cod liver oil all day in school. ;-(

Different filling to mine. Looks good. Who folds your pastry? My wife does mine, I don't have the patience.

Russ

My wife does everything required after the above picture. It's not really patience I lack, more dexterity.

The filling is potatoes, onions, ginger, peas, chillis, fresh coriander and spices (ground cumin, coriander, chilli powder, salt and garam masala).

Six [Edit - seven] are in the fridge for tomorrow. 20 have been vacuum packed and are in the freezer.

Last edited:
My wife does everything required after the above picture. It's not really patience I lack, more dexterity.

The filling is potatoes, onions, ginger, peas, chillis, fresh coriander and spices (ground cumin, coriander, chilli powder, salt and garam masala).
Pretty much the same as mine.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom