What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sunday night two of our daughters and the younger one's fiance surprised their father by bringing sushi for Father's Day. Tonight they brought us Chinese takeout so I didn't have to cook. Several containers of pork fried rice, orange chicken, General Tso's chicken, Mai Fun noodles with shrimp, pork egg rolls, crab rangoons, beef and broccoli...I think that's it. So sweet! Tried to give them money but they wouldn't take it.

Freshly baked sourdough with alioli (Catalan aioli)
Was going to be a garlic challenge entry but I got the proportions of garlic & olive oil wrong and it was very sharp/harsh
Still tasty, but needs fine tuning
IMG_20240618_164759_184.jpg

Coffee. Breakfast was banana bread, blueberries and almond yoghurt. Brunch was a corn bun, with a coffee, and 3 hours later brunch no.2, the same corn bun no.2, coffee no.3.

Heading home. As my student well said: the first and last days of school are always The Best😃. For some, it was their last. We still have a few weeks but not as energy consuming.

Lunch will be simple when I arrive back home.

I'm a fan of seasoning ground meat before use. My wife is allergic to beef so we make our burgers from ground pork seasoned with salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, powdered garlic and Italian seasoned packaged bread crrumbs. I have also had good luck adding a little fish sauce to ground meat. You don't want to overdo that. Lots of interesting ways to season your burger meat.
I normally go with salt. Pepper and Creole seasoning. Works well for us. It all starts with the meat. I combine ground pork and ground chuck when I make Sphagetti or lasagna. Gives it a nice flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom