What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pics, but we had some of the scarpariello left over from last night, so I defatted the sauce, puréed it, then reduced it down to thicken and concentrate it, and just reheated the chicken and the sausage in the air fryer, and that was that - used the sauce for dipping and it was delicious.

Cheesy ham, onion spinach baked pasta and homemade bread with herbed garlic oil.
20240617_183554.jpg

It is 29c here today. Out in the sun possibly 35c.
I had no desire to turn on the oven. So lunch was toasted gluten free bread, ham, leftover boiled broccoli and cauliflower,mayo, a gluten free store bought cake, very ordinary. But very ok to extinguish the hunger.😊
That is one reason I have been exploring the depths of cold soups for summer. I'm slowly putting together an excellent collecting of them. Most are accidentally vegan as well.
Although I've only written up 4 on here.
(cold soups)

Although I've only written up 4 on here.
You are right. It is a mind shift. Liking the idea. My blender is out of function for wet ingredients...but perhaps precooking a soup and then chilling it and eating it several times might help...I like the coconut and avocado one, I read through all 4 recipes...I am out of luck with avocados lately, just threw out 1 last night, not a bit to save.
I might have to tweak and change ingredients to local ones, but it is a good thinking avenue.

From my Grandma, and our Bulgarian summers, I viv8dly and fondly remember The cucumber yoghurt garlic cold soup. They call ot Tarator. It resembles tzatziki, I guess, but more liquidy.

Btw, my yoghurt maker arrived yesterday😁...still to unpack , clean, order thr ferment...but things are moving.

steel-cut oats with granola, organic yoghurt and handpicked berries... doesn't really rock my boat :laugh: :laugh:

I think I tried that once in the 90's. NOPE no matter how virtuous or vessel cleansing it is, it's not for me 😂
I always enjoyed this -

Samual Johnson wrote a dictionary in 1755, in which he defined oats as: "A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people."
Sir Walter Scott is said to have retorted "Yes and where else will you see such horses and such men?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom