What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night's tea
20240621_182028.jpg

Garlicky Cream of Celery soup with tempeh

You are correct SandwichShortOfAPicnic
It pertains to the size of the Opihi.
It's not an easy lipid to obtain, it's actually very dangerous collecting them on the reefs in the surf, which makes them very expensive.

A good portion of the fish caught here in the Hawaiian waters go up for auction every day.
Surprisingly, a bunch of the fish sold at auction goes to Japan!
DH & I were lucky enough to go to the auction once when we had made a trip make home.

I've been craving bread and/or pizza the last couple weeks, but we've been having a massive heatwave here (between 90-100 degrees) so I don't dare turn on my oven, so I decided to get some of the best pizza in the city, a mom and pop shop near me. This isn't my photo, but it's a photo of what I got.
pizza_1.jpg

Bean and tomato cream soup, with croutons and a decorative line of vegan cream.

The yummy taste of 5 garlic cloves,an onion, and lime leaves, bay leaves and thyme, as well as black pepper and a "Chinese spices mix", makes it really full of flavour. I used both tomato pulp amd pelati with all of the juice. The 800g, two cans, of tomato , to me, make it bright and fresh in taste.

I was inspired by a Tuscan white bean and tomato soup, but had no white beans, the mix that I have (thinking these are pinto and barlotti, but not sure)and saw a number of versions, with kale and spinach...but opted for this simple variation.

Loving this new to me gluten free sourdough buckwheat bread, for the croutons.

Will leave it to cool down and refrigerate, quite certain it will be lovely cold as well.

20240622_130338.jpg
20240622_124857.jpg
20240622_124039.jpg
20240622_130124.jpg

I've been craving bread and/or pizza the last couple weeks, but we've been having a massive heatwave here (between 90-100 degrees) so I don't dare turn on my oven, so I decided to get some of the best pizza in the city, a mom and pop shop near me. This isn't my photo, but it's a photo of what I got.
View attachment 115028

Cook it on the grill outside if you have one.

Not really. On one of his work visits to Jamaica, Craig was told by the fishing boat captain that a vast amount of their conch and lobster catch go to Japan.
I should have prefaced with the fish caught in Hawaii that are sold at the Fish Auction in Honolulu ... we had a great time there and here's what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom