What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_8646.jpeg

There’s a piece of that German bologna in there - it’s so greasy, the mustard kept sliding off! :laugh:

IMG_3376.jpeg

IMG_3379.jpeg

IMG_3380.jpeg

A mixed bag this was. Very well reviewed and definitely tasty. The prawns were really good quality.
But £4.75 for 100 grams.
That pic is half the pot on a tiny slice of roll.
Shared them with my son who said they're not bad, they're actually good but they're nowhere near as good as yours, your butter is waaay better, they cost far far too much for what they are.

Of course I took this compliment to heart because only a fool wouldn't 😆

I think the large number of five star reviews are from people who don't know how to make flavoured butters 🤷‍♀️

I'd buy their prawns though, soft and quite prawny tasting. No need to put a dash of fish sauce in there to pep it up!

Sliced up the chorizo flavoured sandwich meat.
The sausages seemed to hamper the sicking together of the meat into one block.
I perhaps also cut the chicken pieces too large for protein extraction to happen.

On a redo I would only use chicken and cut the pieces smaller.

View attachment 115374
As it comes straight from the tin before rinsing.

View attachment 115376
View attachment 115375
The broken pieces shown bottom left of the board.

View attachment 115377
My son appeared and immediately tidied the broken pieces away in some thick white bread with some tzatziki 😂
MMM, that spring looks delicious 😋.

Loving the guar gum magic. Look at these adorable Piadinas! Spelt flour, low gluten.

Actually mini Piadinas...several are filled with the tomato and bean soup, turkey ham and fresh tomatoes. Several with tzatziki made of coco yoghurt ( unsweetened) and turkey ham.

Taste fantastic. Made only half the quantity, to see if I like them. They do break when folded over, but it is fine.

Would definitely make them again.

The first , somewhat unshapely one was eaten first, to sustain me through the making and plating. Very happy.
20240630_145851.jpg
20240630_150048.jpg
20240630_151259.jpg
20240630_152153.jpg
20240630_152208.jpg

Loving the guar gum magic. Look at these adorable Piadinas! Spelt flour, low gluten.

Actually mini Piadinas...several are filled with the tomato and bean soup, turkey ham and fresh tomatoes. Several with tzatziki made of coco yoghurt ( unsweetened) and turkey ham.

Taste fantastic. Made only half the quantity, to see if I like them. They do break when folded over, but it is fine.

Would definitely make them again.

The first , somewhat unshapely one was eaten first, to sustain me through the making and plating. Very happy.
View attachment 115449View attachment 115450View attachment 115451View attachment 115452View attachment 115453

You've just reminded me that it's been too long since I've made piadinas. I usually use lard which is typical for piadinas, but I'd love to try your version because I am very curious about it.
If you have the recipe to share it would be perfect! 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom