What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 coffees, apple pie with salted peanut ice cream. Cashew butter bites, not outstanding, but good for on the go.

I went and bought 2 books for 2 of my friends, we (4 of us, high school times' friends) are probably meeting out for coffee tomorrow...

20240629_102150.jpg
20240629_110153.jpg

This would be a very autumn/winter meal, but I had the sauerkraut, and the potatoes, bought the sausages, and there it is.

These sausages are considered a local delicacy, they have a prominent garlic component, hence their local name češnjovka (češnjak being garlic, the č is a tsch sound).

Probably I ate them and cooked them the first time that I know of ...today.They are sturdy, my boyfriend told me they are somewhat smoked ( his family knows how to make them, and made them many years ago).

I was listening to a captivating podcast, finishing the in depth floor cleaning, and starting to cook, and overlooked the pots and pans on the stove, so not quite sure ( didn't jot down), but they cooked over an hour.

Pretty basic combination of a dish for our region, but I totally love the juicy, lardy, salty, garlicky sausage...in contrast to the plain potatoes and the mild sauerkraut, really well rinsed...nicely spiced, rounded taste.

20240629_133340.jpg
20240629_140036.jpg

Just now I realize I was distracted😄😅, I meant to photograph the new metall sieve , 17 cm in which I washed the sauerkrait, and forgot. Instead here is the spiced uncooked sauerkraut.😁oh well, no harm done.

Sliced up the chorizo flavoured sandwich meat.
The sausages seemed to hamper the sicking together of the meat into one block.
I perhaps also cut the chicken pieces too large for protein extraction to happen.

On a redo I would only use chicken and cut the pieces smaller.

IMG_3346.jpeg

As it comes straight from the tin before rinsing.

IMG_3352.jpeg

IMG_3349.jpeg

The broken pieces shown bottom left of the board.

IMG_3355.jpeg

My son appeared and immediately tidied the broken pieces away in some thick white bread with some tzatziki 😂

The 3kg press actually only holds a bit over 2kg so I had a fair bit of mix left.
Decided to do breakfast burgers.
IMG_3360.jpeg

IMG_3362.jpeg

Chicken chorizo flavoured burgers with tzatziki and tomatoes.
They really like them but as the meat had been strongly flavoured to account for being thinly sliced for sandwiches the thick patties were too hot for my liking 🥵 😆

They did however hold together nicely and more were requested by the two peeps here who like their spices hot!

BBQ night last night. My son smoked a pork belly and ribeye, added a dozen bratwurst to the grill and did some sweetcorn on the grill.
Since there were two non-meat eaters, I got to make stuffed peppers with a Romesco sauce. DIL made a delicious cheesecake with Georgia peaches - sweetest peaches I've tasted in years.

Sliced up the chorizo flavoured sandwich meat.
The sausages seemed to hamper the sicking together of the meat into one block.
I perhaps also cut the chicken pieces too large for protein extraction to happen.

On a redo I would only use chicken and cut the pieces smaller.

View attachment 115374
As it comes straight from the tin before rinsing.

View attachment 115376
View attachment 115375
The broken pieces shown bottom left of the board.

View attachment 115377
My son appeared and immediately tidied the broken pieces away in some thick white bread with some tzatziki 😂
A food processor might make it easier?

BBQ night last night. My son smoked a pork belly and ribeye, added a dozen bratwurst to the grill and did some sweetcorn on the grill.
Since there were two non-meat eaters, I got to make stuffed peppers with a Romesco sauce. DIL made a delicious cheesecake with Georgia peaches - sweetest peaches I've tasted in years.
Must have been a relief to eat some vegetables after the meat-centric diet you have been on recently!

DIL made a delicious cheesecake with Georgia peaches - sweetest peaches I've tasted in years.
Peaches are just coming in right now and they’ve been excellent so far. We’re onto our third batch, and all we’ve done is eat them out of hand. They don’t last long enough for me to make anything!

Gluten free pancakes, with fresh nectarine and light berries jam.
I should have dared to char the pancakes a tad more...love charred pancakes☺️. Or toast. Or anything really...
But fine. Love the teaspoon of chia in the batter.
The jam lumps look like sunglasses a bit, don't they?😎
20240629_221248.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom