What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also made lemon curd
20240603_110729.jpg

I had a lovely recipe up my sleeve for lunch, but then the utterly useless and inefficent Electricity company decided to intervene. Power cut from 11.40 - 12.15, then another from 2.15 until 5.15. I ended up with a Domino's pizza.
That's usually the time I break out the gas BBQ or the camping gas burner. We're too far from anywhere for a delivery

I couldn't quite decide with or without the clove of black garlic.

20240604_183014.jpg
20240604_183111.jpg

Anyhow, in an attempt not to end up eating it again tomorrow (though we'd both happily do so but I've got greens going off), we had all the remaining creamy black garlic sauce tonight served on spaghetti with broad beans, peas and green beans. There was plenty enough sauce to cover the veg and to be a round of bread to mop up the remainder.

I was looking up things to do with goat cheese, since I’d bought twice what I needed, and found a Chef John/FoodWishes/Allrecipes dish that’s barely a recipe, and it made for an excellent lunch:

IMG_8476.jpeg

There’s oil from a jar of sundried tomatoes in there, some basil from the garden, some cherry tomatoes, and a hunk o’ hunk o’ creamy goat cheese, sprinkled with some Aleppo pepper flakes (another thing I have a lot of) and baked in the oven for a bit, along with some crostini (brushed with more sundried tomato oil).

We had the sausage and lentil casserole I made on Sunday with mountains of potatoes roasted in duck fat with a lemon, salt and pepper blend from the ‘Cornish Salt Company’ sprinkled over them. Enjoyed it so much I surprised myself and had seconds.

Now I’m trying not to entirely finish a whole bar of Lindt Dark orange chocolate, that plans not going too well, I don’t think it’s going to see another day 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom