What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee-luxe scrambled eggs on toast:

IMG_8489.jpeg

Eggs with tomato, spinach, and goat cheese, cooked in oregano-garlic-lemon butter, and I used that butter on the toast as well.

Dinner club last night supa panda Chinese.
Seriously the best satay I've ever had. I ordered a noodle fish as well to pick on and my lunch today
The chef hand carved for our table this from carrot white radish and eggplant he spent 9 hrs on it.

Russ

View attachment 114419

View attachment 114420

Russ, clean your camera lens please! Would loved to have seen a sharp picture of the carving.

I think you may need to look up the definition of vegan and vegetarian.

Vegan doesn't mean I don't eat meat. It means I don't eat anything from animals or insects irrespective of whether it kills or harms the animal/insect to collect it. So my preference is no honey.

Vegetarian means you don't eat anything that resulted in the death of the animal, so they'll eat honey and bees wax, eggs and similar.

Assuming that squid ink is harvested from captive squid who are milked for they ink, vegetarians may eat it. But I don't know if it is harvested that way, or if it is harvested after death, in which case they wouldn't consume it.

I'll add that I'm a dietary vegan, but my lifestyle is vegetarian. I became vegetarian some 40 years ago. I've been a dietary vegan for 15 or so years.
Vegetarians wouldn't eat squid ink pasta.

I don't know where that came from, to be honest. I was vegetarian simply because I didn't like meat, poultry or fish. They tasted awful to me. Change came later on in life...
Interesting how/what/when periods of life lead us to particular diets. I was raised a meat eater but always preferred fish over all other protein. I'd choose seafood still any day but will eat land animals.

Last edited:
Interesting how/what/when periods of life lead us to particular diets.
I imagine it was "School Dinners", in the 1950s and 60s. They were absolutely dire, horrendous, disgusting, crappy, overcooked and cheap. And we were obliged to sit at the dinner table until we finished. Many days, I was still sitting at the table at 4pm (home time).

I got hungry about 3pm and decided today was Burger Day, in preparation for my forthcoming trip to Cincinnati.
So I made a burger, toasted bun, onion rings (that was a new one - I'll do that again!), chips (British ones, because I'll only get those skinny things over there :laugh: :laugh: ), homemade pickles and horseradish sauce.
The brown thing in the background is Mr Porky, waiting to see if anything drops off my plate.

today's burger.jpg

I got hungry about 3pm and decided today was Burger Day, in preparation for my forthcoming trip to Cincinnati.
So I made a burger, toasted bun, onion rings (that was a new one - I'll do that again!), chips (British ones, because I'll only get those skinny things over there :laugh: :laugh: ), homemade pickles and horseradish sauce.
The brown thing in the background is Mr Porky, waiting to see if anything drops off my plate.

View attachment 114424
Laughing at Porky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom