What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch out at work...chicken fillet grilled and mushrooms grilled.
Lots of them, could not finish the shrooms...
20240605_141801.jpg

..hence the laughing emojis!
Actually, if TR has had those since Xmas (last year or the year before???) then he's seriously into hoarding!
They’re from this past Christmas. During the holidays, we buy loads and loads of Christmas treats like that, but then we know better than to overeat with them, so they sit around month after month, as we dole them out judiciously.

We’d just finished some spice cookies from ALDI, and next up after these are some Christmassy shortbread, and after that, some holiday ginger snaps, and then some…

They’re from this past Christmas. During the holidays, we buy loads and loads of Christmas treats like that, but then we know better than to overeat with them, so they sit around month after month, as we dole them out judiciously.

We’d just finished some spice cookies from ALDI, and next up after these are some Christmassy shortbread, and after that, some holiday ginger snaps, and then some…
You'd better hang on to some for Christmas in July. It's up next month, when you can have them out all over again, tree lights and all.

I couldn't quite decide with or without the clove of black garlic.

View attachment 114383View attachment 114384

Anyhow, in an attempt not to end up eating it again tomorrow (though we'd both happily do so but I've got greens going off), we had all the remaining creamy black garlic sauce tonight served on spaghetti with broad beans, peas and green beans. There was plenty enough sauce to cover the veg and to be a round of bread to mop up the remainder.
Next time use squid ink with the pasta and this dish would look so cool. Also, I hear that rubbing squid ink on your brand new white shirt makes it look cool. :D

Does squid ink have meat in it?
I think you may need to look up the definition of vegan and vegetarian.

Vegan doesn't mean I don't eat meat. It means I don't eat anything from animals or insects irrespective of whether it kills or harms the animal/insect to collect it. So my preference is no honey.

Vegetarian means you don't eat anything that resulted in the death of the animal, so they'll eat honey and bees wax, eggs and similar.

Assuming that squid ink is harvested from captive squid who are milked for they ink, vegetarians may eat it. But I don't know if it is harvested that way, or if it is harvested after death, in which case they wouldn't consume it.

I'll add that I'm a dietary vegan, but my lifestyle is vegetarian. I became vegetarian some 40 years ago. I've been a dietary vegan for 15 or so years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom