What did you cook or eat today (March 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midday and a bit hungry so cheese on toast with onion and tomato.
Really good.

Russ

IMG_1393.JPG

Hawaii-style Hamburger Steak Plate.
When I open up a 1 pound portion of ground Beef, I grill 4 patties.
2 patties for Burgers and 2 patties saved for later to make Hamburger Steak.
I make a mushroom & onion gravy along with some steamed white rice (just one scoop tonight) and green beans.
How good does that look? :hungry:

View attachment 82379
I make a mushroom & onion gravy along with some steamed white rice (just one scoop tonight) and green beans.
I'm salivating now. :)

Russ

Just scrolling through the camera roll and realised I need to play catch-up

Saturday nights Creamy prawn & pea spaghetti with garlic toast

Monday nights pick & mix plate. The little green fruits are kiwi berries in case anyone is wondering. They taste like kiwi fruit but are eaten whole.

Tuesday’s salmon with a Thai larb inspired cauliflower salad.

Wednesday- more cheese because the wheel of triple cream from Tarago River arrived. The red pickled veg are a gift from a friend. Spicy sweet. We were supposed to finish out the LOTR trilogy but they’ve disappeared off free Amazon again so we watched The Adam Project instead.

To eat in the states! :)

Russ

New England clam chowder is either really good, or really bad. The main thing is to get good clams, and and cook them right. Bad clams cooked wrong are like rubber bands to chew. Dallas is not a great place to buy clams. I have to buy them canned.

When I am in New England during the right months, I go to the shore and eat clams in every way they serve them. Fresh out of the water the same day I eat them.

CD

View attachment 82379

No macaroni salad?

CD

Just scrolling through the camera roll and realised I need to play catch-up

View attachment 82392
Saturday nights Creamy prawn & pea spaghetti with garlic toast

View attachment 82393

View attachment 82395
Monday nights pick & mix plate. The little green fruits are kiwi berries in case anyone is wondering. They taste like kiwi fruit but are eaten whole.
View attachment 82393

Tuesday’s salmon with a Thai larb inspired cauliflower salad.

View attachment 82394

Wednesday- more cheese because the wheel of triple cream from Tarago River arrived. The red pickled veg are a gift from a friend. Spicy sweet. We were supposed to finish out the LOTR trilogy but they’ve disappeared off free Amazon again so we watched The Adam Project instead.

Nice!!!! :whistling:

New England clam chowder is either really good, or really bad. The main thing is to get good clams, and and cook them right. Bad clams cooked wrong are like rubber bands to chew. Dallas is not a great place to buy clams. I have to buy them canned.

When I am in New England during the right months, I go to the shore and eat clams in every way they serve them. Fresh out of the water the same day I eat them.

CD
That would be my first choice. Fresh is best.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom