What did you cook or eat today (March 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight was a pick & mix with English cheddar, smoked Gouda & Pecorino. The green things are kiwi berries.

Sausage and mash with onion gravy.

It was difficult to judge the contrast and lighting to portray both the mash and the sausage/gravy in their correct colours (before my dinner was cold). I took an earlier shot with the mash and the sausage cold which is more indicative of the colour of the potatoes.

OK, it's not up to Beryl the Peril standards but she was a comic book cartoon!

I´ve been rooting for Scampi and Chips for a few weeks.
It was one of those dishes that marked my youth, just the same a a Friday Night Curry.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
So today, I slipped into the pub before my train left for London and scoffed down a plateful of ....
1647287310947.png

Totally and absolutely marvellous. The only things I need to do now to reconfirm my status as a true Englishman are:
  • Eat a huge bagful of Fish & Chips, preferably after a skinful down the boozer
  • Go to a football match and shout obscenities at the opposing team
  • Watch the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
  • Go to the coast and paddle in the sea, but only when the temperature hits 15º C.
  • Drink tea at 4pm in Harrod´s and spend the whole time talking about the weather
  • Say "Sorry!" about 30 times a day.

I´ve been rooting for Scampi and Chips for a few weeks.
It was one of those dishes that marked my youth, just the same a a Friday Night Curry.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
So today, I slipped into the pub before my train left for London and scoffed down a plateful of ....
View attachment 82341
Totally and absolutely marvellous. The only things I need to do now to reconfirm my status as a true Englishman are:
  • Eat a huge bagful of Fish & Chips, preferably after a skinful down the boozer
  • Go to a football match and shout obscenities at the opposing team
  • Watch the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
  • Go to the coast and paddle in the sea, but only when the temperature hits 15º C.
  • Drink tea at 4pm in Harrod´s and spend the whole time talking about the weather
  • Say "Sorry!" about 30 times a day.

That would be in Wetherspoons Society Rooms in Maidstone then? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom