What did you cook or eat today (March 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crumpets with vegemite yummo

Russ

IMG_1381.JPG

I bought a 4 pound bone-in Pork Shoulder at our local Carniceria the other day, best looking Pork I've seen in a long time! Nice and marbled with fat, not that lean crap you get at Supermarkets.
I removed the bone and sliced the meat into long thin-ish strips, marinated it for two days and roasted it all off this afternoon.
Both DH & I just couldn't stop snacking on it! 😋
I have enough Char Siu aka Chinese BBQ Pork to last us , oh, maybe a month :laugh:

View attachment 82259
I bought a 4 pound bone-in Pork Shoulder at our local Carniceria the other day, best looking Pork I've seen in a long time! Nice and marbled with fat, not that lean crap you get at Supermarkets.
I removed the bone and sliced the meat into long thin-ish strips, marinated it for two days and roasted it all off this afternoon.
Both DH & I just couldn't stop snacking on it! 😋
I have enough Char Siu aka Chinese BBQ Pork to last us , oh, maybe a month :laugh:
Wow, that looks amazing! Nice job indeed :bravo:

I've never seen, or even heard of pear cider vinegar. How much did it differ from ACV?

CD
There is quite a difference in taste when you try the 2 alongside each other but I think that difference is lost in the chutney because of all the other flavours, especially the spices.
However looking up cider vinegar online, it seems that aged pear cider vinegar is a 'thing. And more to the point, it can be made from all of the bits (peel, core & bruised stuff) that I've been discarding. Plus ACV has been the biggest expense after the onions and dried fruit, so making my own from the waste products of this year's chutney will make next year's chutney cheaper still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom