What did you cook or eat today (March 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Polish sausage smoked?

My deli has a tub of budget offcuts - chunks of fatty ham, the ends of mortadella, knobs of salami etc sometimes theres provolone or other cheese. Yesterday included 3 whole sticks of quite smokey thin cabanossi type stuff so I’ve sliced it up into a tomato & capsicum sauce for pasta. Made enough for 3 family sized portions for the freezer.

I want a creamy seafood pasta tonight.

Is Polish sausage smoked?

Kielbasa (Polish sausage) can be smoked, or not. It can be made from different meats, but pork or beef are most common in grocery stores around me.

We had it a lot when I was a kid, but these days, I prefer some of the sausages from Central Texas created by German immigrants to the area 100 years ago. Those are generally beef, as that was the most available meat at the time.

CD

So I finished making a 6th batch of the Spicy Pear Chutney using pear cider vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar (the shop didn't have enough ACV so I tried the only bottle of pear cider vinegar. This batch was chopped more finely than previously and featured more chilli flakes...

I also made a single batch of Australian Plum Chutney found on a website which is basically plums, cinnamon and cloves. That was bottled this morning as all.

Lunch was made for the hike we went on this morning as well... This is yesterday's picture made with normal rice because is forgotten to soak the red glutinous rice the night before, but we remembered yesterday to put the rice on to soak so had red rice in the rolls today.

And after the hike, we had the usual for Saturday night. It will be followed by a little Braddoch and some popcorn.

I made some lovely fudgey milk chocolate brownies

Last edited:
Some catching up...I did talk to my supeerior to try to diminish the workload, or make it more optimal in time usage...from September on...
September seems so far away, the war cloud hangs low and dark, but we try to go on with our days...

Yellow beans and sweet potato stew. Toasted buckwheat bread and a traditional Croatian salami named Kulen. A bit spicy, but not overly.

So I finished making a 6th batch of the Spicy Pear Chutney using pear cider vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar (the shop didn't have enough ACV so I tried the only bottle of pear cider vinegar. This batch was chopped more finely than previously and featured more chilli flakes...

I also made a single batch of Australian Plum Chutney found on a website which is basically plums, cinnamon and cloves. That was bottled this morning as all.

Lunch was made for the hike we went on this morning as well... This is yesterday's picture made with normal rice because is forgotten to soak the red glutinous rice the night before, but we remembered yesterday to put the rice on to soak so had red rice in the rolls today.

And after the hike, we had the usual for Saturday night. It will be followed by a little Braddoch and some popcorn.

I've never seen, or even heard of pear cider vinegar. How much did it differ from ACV?

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom