What did you cook or eat today (March 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 82114
After my visit to the Doc, I set out on my full monty of shopping ... I hit SIX different places!
THEN, I needed sustenance!
I went to my local Carniceria to purchase some Pork and then to the next counter for a street Taco ... Al Pastor on flour tortilla, Muy Bueno!!
Here's what I find funny, I do not like what we call in Hawaii Chinese Parsley, what folks here call Cilantro ... I like it here on the continental US ... different variety maybe? Dunno ...

Venison steak and eggs

That looks really good for an ordered in pizza - nice crust and fresh looking vegetables.
Yeah we have two really good pizza places near us, that's really nice! I like this one for exactly the reason you stated. Everything is always fresh.
I hope we'll be able to keep affording them though given the current rise in wheat prices.

Here's what I find funny, I do not like what we call in Hawaii Chinese Parsley, what folks here call Cilantro ... I like it here on the continental US ... different variety maybe? Dunno ...
My oldest brother says cilantro tastes like soap. His wife and I disagree with him. But guessing that you must just have a milder variety in AZ, yes that sounds likely.

Yeah we have two really good pizza places near us, that's really nice! I like this one for exactly the reason you stated. Everything is always fresh.
I hope we'll be able to keep affording them though given the current rise in wheat prices.
I just bought a 10 lb. bag of all purpose flour and a 5 lb. bag of bread flour. I don't think we are going to feel as much of an impact on that as Europeans will, but prices are certainly going to go up.

My oldest brother says cilantro tastes like soap. His wife and I disagree with him. But guessing that you must just have a milder variety in AZ, yes that sounds likely.

You brother is right, and so are you and his wife. It is a genetic thing. To some people, the aldehydes in cilantro leaves trigger a soap taste. I have that genetic disposition, and one of my pet peeves is when somebody who doesn't tells me I'm "wrong" about cilantro tasting like soap.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom