What did you cook or eat today (March 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They tasted pretty good, but to get them to that consistency, I had to cook them down for twice the time indicated, and at a good boil, not a “gentle simmer,” as recommended.

In that case don't ever consider Jamie Oliver's method of producing mushy peas.

I soak the dried peas for 24 hours in initially boiling water and bi-carb (1 heaped teaspoon per kilogramme). Then wash thoroughly (for some reason) and boil then simmer for around 90 minutes with a similar quantity of bi-carb. Then it's the taste test to determine salt content (my wife's job) and "feel".

I've had a beef/veggie broth in the crockpot since last night. Turning it into a veggie and rice soup for dinner tonight.

In that case don't ever consider Jamie Oliver's method of producing mushy peas.

I soak the dried peas for 24 hours in initially boiling water and bi-carb (1 heaped teaspoon per kilogramme). Then wash thoroughly (for some reason) and boil then simmer for around 90 minutes with a similar quantity of bi-carb. Then it's the taste test to determine salt content (my wife's job) and "feel".

I start a long bean soak with boiling water, too. It is supposed to help with the "gas production" when you eat them. I'm not sure if it really does, but I do it anyway.

CD

My husband can just look at a bean and have gas.

Back in the UK in the 80s/90s four of us, one day a week, played cards; each participant hosting in turn. The host prepared supper and on occasions I would provide meat pasties and mushy peas.

One of the guys (who happened to be my boss) was required by his wife to sleep in the spare room when that happened,

Looks about right to me. In my almost theee years in Italy I never remember drinking wine from a stem glass.
My husband is of Italian descent and he makes wine with his cousins (not just from juice--they get their grapes from California and go through the process of pressing, etc.) and they all usually drink their wine from jelly jar glasses or rocks glasses when at home!

I would love to go to Italy but I am afraid I would never come home! :laugh:

My husband is of Italian descent and he makes wine with his cousins (not just from juice--they get their grapes from California and go through the process of pressing, etc.) and they all usually drink their wine from jelly jar glasses or rocks glasses when at home!

I would love to go to Italy but I am afraid I would never come home! :laugh:
...or you would come back with 30 additional kg 🤣

Looks about right to me. In my almost theee years in Italy I never remember drinking wine from a stem glass.
Whenever I see Italian families on the TV having wine with their meal at home, it’s always out of that kind of glass, and the TV wouldn’t lie, would they?! 😮 :laugh:

All deposited around my middle and rear end, lol!
Your hubs: JAS got back.
Your friends: Yeah, we saw that she was home from Italy on her FB feed.
Your hubs: That’s not what I meant. I’m saying she’s got back:whistling:

:laugh:

Whenever I see Italian families on the TV having wine with their meal at home, it’s always out of that kind of glass, and the TV wouldn’t lie, would they?! 😮 :laugh:

Your hubs: JAS got back.
Your friends: Yeah, we saw that she was home from Italy on her FB feed.
Your hubs: That’s not what I meant. I’m saying she’s got back:whistling:

:laugh:
Something about more cushion for the...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom