What did you cook or eat today (March 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sauerkraut & mash casserole with smoked sausage

I suppose it depends much on what the gravy will be used for. The steak and kidley pies are already quite peppery (I don't make them) so it would be easy to go "over the top". I definitely would not add salt as Bisto contains enough, even for me (I am currently using the Bisto granules but will be changing to Golden Fry granules when this tub is finished). Should I be cooking in gravy (e.g. beef stew or chilli) I use OXO stock cubes.

That the Golden Fry gravy granules are made in Yorkshire does not influence my decision.

Never heard of Golden Fry gravy but tracked some down (in Iceland supermarket). Unfortunately the ingredients contain MSG which I really hate in anything or I would have bought some to try.

Yes, this weirdo likes cold toast so the butter doesn’t melt. Later when I was hungry (after midday, still no sign of life out there) so I snuck out again to butter my toast & retrieved my lunch.

View attachment 82769

Starting to go stir crazy.
That's not weird in this group. I bet about half of the forum likes unmelted butter on toast. TastyReuben is one. I like mine melted personally, but don't find it odd that you don't.

That's not weird in this group. I bet about half of the forum likes unmelted butter on toast. TastyReuben is one. I like mine melted personally, but don't find it odd that you don't.
I want to feel the butter as I’m biting through it!

(Note to self: sell t-shirts with “Feel the Butter” printed on them)

kaneohegirlinaz regardibg banh mi. Theme fighting words 😉 Considering “banh” is the bread and the the filling is highly changeable you really need to source a bakery run by Vietnamese people if at all possible. They learned baguette from the French while occupied and they made it their own 👌🥖

Luckily for me, one of the top 10 banh mi shops in Sydney is close to my work. Banh mi Thit is my preferred option for Friday lunch.
Frizz1974 here in Cowboyville Arizona USA, asian foods in general are far and few between. And I too had a shop right across the street from my work place back in Hawaii, as well, one of their sister shops no more than a mile from our home. Also, as far as bakeries go, we have none. :cry: I do miss that too

Why are you on your own?

I’m laughing now because as soon as I pasted that in, I realized I’m dressed very much like that today. :laugh:

The real answer is MrsT spends most of each Saturday (daytime, anyway) on a Zoom call with her bestie, which is fine by me, because it frees me up to go where I want the way I want and do what I want while I’m gone.

Today, for example, I went to the international market again, and I drove the extra long, extra twisty, extra scenic way, which I like. When she comes along, she insists going the extra boring interstate, which I positively loathe.

Also, once I got there, I bought whatever I wanted without any fuss. Today, for example, I bought a set of four specialty raclette/fondue plates, which cost $55. She’d have been rolling her eyes at that. This way, they’re bought, so any eye roll will have no effect on me. :laugh:

So wife asked me to make this for her a few days ago. I'm still trying to figure out if it's a British thing or a weird pregnancy craving LOL
Baked potato with Heinz beans and shredded cheese on top...
View attachment 82799
That’s one of my favorite meals. I just bought beans and baking potatoes to make that sometime soon.

I will admit…I did pick that up in the UK. 🇬🇧

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom