What did you cook or eat today (March 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first cooking job was at a KFC..worked there for two years..I miss the "Grecian" bread. Not sure why they called it that. We used to have this roller that we would put a couple of pounds of real butter in to melt......I think it was biscuits in the US..

I miss the ol' Snack Pack and Thrift Box...haven't eaten that stuff in years..the one in town let us down when we came..haven't been back..

First time I tried to make...wrap? Burrito? Tortilla? DK how I must call it 😆 surely I must improve my wrapping skill...but it was fabulous! 😍🤩
to flavor the minced Piedmontese beef, sautéed bacon, plenty of onion and garlic, with cumin, coriander seeds, oregano and sweet paprika, simmered with tomato paste. then I added a slice of cheddar

View attachment 82729 View attachment 82730
Looks good..for a Burrito you might want to put a few beans in..

First time I tried to make...wrap? Burrito? Tortilla? DK how I must call it 😆 surely I must improve my wrapping skill...but it was fabulous! 😍🤩
to flavor the minced Piedmontese beef, sautéed bacon, plenty of onion and garlic, with cumin, coriander seeds, oregano and sweet paprika, simmered with tomato paste. then I added a slice of cheddar
How to define wrap/burrito/tortilla...
Wow! you´ve just opened a can of worms!
I always think "wrap" when it´s Middle-Eastern, so it could be a kebab, a shawarma, souvlaki, or falafel, stuffed and rolled in a piece of pita bread.
A burrito is made with a flour tortilla, and is popular in Northern Mexico/Southern USA
A tortilla is simply the name for a corn disk, used to fill with carnitas, cochinito, chicken , or what ever, in Mexico.

What I was jamming to while making a veggie hash.

Don’t you realize there is no such thing as fried chicken anymore? It’s called crispy chicken now. “Kentucky Fried Chicken” has been called KFC for decades. I guarantee you will not find a menu that says “fried chicken” anywhere in the States.

Fried chicken? Bad for you. Crispy chicken? Yummy!
Louisiana Famous Fried Chicken | Akron, OH

I love me some Southern style midwestern fried chikkin!

How to define wrap/burrito/tortilla...
Wow! you´ve just opened a can of worms!
I always think "wrap" when it´s Middle-Eastern, so it could be a kebab, a shawarma, souvlaki, or falafel, stuffed and rolled in a piece of pita bread.
A burrito is made with a flour tortilla, and is popular in Northern Mexico/Southern USA
A tortilla is simply the name for a corn disk, used to fill with carnitas, cochinito, chicken , or what ever, in Mexico.

A tortilla can also be made of flour, even in Mexico. But yes, it is the actual "wrapper." A burrito is a finished food. A tortilla is to a burrito or taco what bread is to a sandwich.

CD

A tortilla can also be made of flour, even in Mexico. But yes, it is the actual "wrapper." A burrito is a finished food. A tortilla is to a burrito or taco what bread is to a sandwich.

CD

BTW, Mexicans make very tasty sandwiches they call Tortas, with all kinds of meats and veggies on a bread called bolillo, a roll that is in most grocery stores in Texas. Kinda' like a Mexican hoagie, sub, or po-boy.

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 2.06.32 PM.jpg

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom