What did you cook or eat today (March 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mussels:

😍 you win detroitdad

As you can see he burnt the damn burger patty. Not to inedibility but I’m glad there was plenty of coleslaw.

Yeah, pretty much in the US a chicken sandwich is usually a breaded chicken breast on a bun.

Now I do like other types of sandwiches, like a sliced turkey breast sandwich with all the accoutrements on a round bun, and I call it a sandwich, even though it might be on a bun. And then I have seen some restaurants that will have burgers on square "buns" or even on sandwich bread, like thick pieces of "Texas Toast". And then we have melts, too. So yeah, it's a bit discombobulated, really.

The first thing you describe there - is that like a schnitzel? Here that would be a schnitzel burger or possibly schnitzel roll.

The turkey sandwich you describe would certainly be called a roll here.

We use burger bun but other than burgers buns are cakes and all other bread rolls are rolls

Though we definitely have some Americanisms in our food culture now.

Isn’t this fun?

😍 you win detroitdad

View attachment 82712

As you can see he burnt the damn burger patty. Not to inedibility but I’m glad there was plenty of coleslaw.

The first thing you describe there - is that like a schnitzel? Here that would be a schnitzel burger or possibly schnitzel roll.

We use burger bun but other than burgers buns are cakes and all other bread rolls are rolls

Isn’t this fun?

Fast food chicken sandwiches are cooked by deep frying as opposed to pan frying, and the breasts are not pounded thin like a schnitzel.

A bun and a roll are pretty much the same things here, although I tend to think of a roll as having a harder crust than a bun.

CD

Go ahead and tell her. The only way I eat Chik-fi-a is if someone else is driving, so I can't go somewhere else... and paying for it. In other words, I have no choice. Small, greasy slab of chicken on a bun with three pickles for four bucks, with a side of completely unseasoned cardboard they call waffle fries. They do have some pretty good specialty drinks, I'll give them that.

CD
Well, I only eat there when I am in Port Arthur, and I of course don't have to pay for it since my cousin owns it! But I don't find it greasy at all. And I never eat fries from a fast food restaurant, ever. I didn't even know they had fries because I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff. And a specialty drink to me has booze in it, and I know they don't sell them...LOL!

Fast food chicken sandwiches are cooked by deep frying as opposed to pan frying, and the breasts are not pounded thin like a schnitzel.

A bun and a roll are pretty much the same things here, although I tend to think of a roll as having a harder crust than a bun.

CD
To me a roll is thicker than a bun, but not necessarily harder.
😍 you win detroitdad

Isn’t this fun?
In the US, a roll doesn't even have to have anything on it to be a roll. It can just be a thick "bun", not sliced open, and served as a side with dinner (at which time it is normally cut open and slathered with butter).

Well, I only eat there when I am in Port Arthur, and I of course don't have to pay for it since my cousin owns it! But I don't find it greasy at all. And I never eat fries from a fast food restaurant, ever. I didn't even know they had fries because I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff. And a specialty drink to me has booze in it, and I know they don't sell them...LOL!

Yeah, they sell waffle fries, and a lot of people love them. Only probelm is, they do not season them at all when they come out of the frier. The diner can get little salt and pepper packets to season them well after the potatoes will take on seasonings. As you know, fries have to be seasoned immediately after they come out of the frier for the seasoning to stick.

And, sneak some of those little airline booze bottles into the restaurant, and you can have your specialty drink your way. :wink:

CD

To me a roll is thicker than a bun, but not necessarily harder.

In the US, a roll doesn't even have to have anything on it to be a roll. It can just be a thick "bun", not sliced open, and served as a side with dinner (at which time it is normally cut open and slathered with butter).
That applies to here too.

CD

Don’t you realize there is no such thing as fried chicken anymore? It’s called crispy chicken now. “Kentucky Fried Chicken” has been called KFC for decades. I guarantee you will not find a menu that says “fried chicken” anywhere in the States.

Fried chicken? Bad for you. Crispy chicken? Yummy!

Don’t you realize there is no such thing as fried chicken anymore? It’s called crispy chicken now. “Kentucky Fried Chicken” has been called KFC for decades. I guarantee you will not find a menu that says “fried chicken” anywhere in the States.

Fried chicken? Bad for you. Crispy chicken? Yummy!

Although "Fried Chicken" is not mentioned above the shop here (just "KFC") they haven't got around to changing the menu yet!

First time I tried to make...wrap? Burrito? Tortilla? DK how I must call it 😆 surely I must improve my wrapping skill...but it was fabulous! 😍🤩
to flavor the minced Piedmontese beef, sautéed bacon, plenty of onion and garlic, with cumin, coriander seeds, oregano and sweet paprika, simmered with tomato paste. then I added a slice of cheddar

20220325_111514.jpg 20220325_122333.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom