What did you cook or eat today (March 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how far & wide we are flung across the globe on this forum.

We are having chicken burgers here tonight - anything in a bun is a burger here. Almost. Chicken, beef, veggie, tofu, crumbed mushrooms, burger of ground camel or lamb. Like I said, it’s not so much the filling as the bread component that makes it a burger here.

It seems in the USA that when you say burger you mean the meat patty? However, the talk of chicken sandwiches above are chicken patties, probably breaded/crumbed cooked and put on buns right?

We are having chicken burgers here tonight - anything in a bun is a burger here. Almost. Chicken, beef, veggie, tofu, crumbed mushrooms, burger of ground camel or lamb. Like I said, it’s not so much the filling as the bread component that makes it a burger here.

It seems in the USA that when you say burger you mean the meat patty? However, the talk of chicken sandwiches above are chicken patties, probably breaded/crumbed cooked and put on buns right?
Yeah, pretty much in the US a chicken sandwich is usually a breaded chicken breast on a bun. We do have veggie burgers, obviously, and you could have a variety of other types of burgers on a round bun, but typically, a burger is beef on a round bun. I think if I thought of a chicken burger, I would assume it was ground chicken formed into a patty? I think most of the time if I think something is a burger, I assume it's ground meat (or ground veggie substitute).

Now I do like other types of sandwiches, like a sliced turkey breast sandwich with all the accoutrements on a round bun, and I call it a sandwich, even though it might be on a bun. And then I have seen some restaurants that will have burgers on square "buns" or even on sandwich bread, like thick pieces of "Texas Toast". And then we have melts, too. So yeah, it's a bit discombobulated, really.

Edited to add that we are having prime rib burgers tonight for dinner! I am so happy, it's been a week since my husband's dental surgery and he can finally eat something substantial. I have been feeding him soft foods and soup, and of course I would be a total jerk to eat something toothsome without him (and in front of him). Not to say that I didn't consider it a few times, LOL.

Last edited:
Just plain tagliatelle & tomato sauce today with some grated pecorino romano & basil

Last edited:
I haven’t had one of theirs yet, but I made a clone a while back and it was very good, indeed.

Next time, take pictures. And, make extra...I may just have to make a road trip. :laugh:

Based on your comments on the flavored mayo thread, I assume you approve of how they dress the sandwich (mayo on both buns).

Supper today was an afterburner pizza. It included Canadian bacon, spring onion and jalapeno pepper.

It looks tasty. But, why is it called an afterburner pizza? Is that because of what happens when the jalapeno peppers work their way through your system? :whistling:

A good chicken sandwich is a piece of chicken breast, breaded and fried. Popeye's is a New Orleans based chain, so they have mild or spicy fried chicken.

Cheap chicken sandwiches, like McD's McChicken, and "reconstituted" chicken white meat.

Either way, you are generally right about the term "burger" applying primarily to a ground beef patty on a bun. Other ground meats are sometimes called burgers, but whole meats on a bun are sandwiches. If I ask you, "Do you want to grab some burgers?" I am talking about ground beef on a bun.

CD

Last edited:
I won't tell my cousin Becky (who owns a Chik-fil-A) that you said that :laugh:

Go ahead and tell her. The only way I eat Chik-fi-a is if someone else is driving, so I can't go somewhere else... and paying for it. In other words, I have no choice. Small, greasy slab of chicken on a bun with three pickles for four bucks, with a side of completely unseasoned cardboard they call waffle fries. They do have some pretty good specialty drinks, I'll give them that.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom