What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a salmon caesar salad for dinner.
IMG_2442.jpeg

What a shame. It's not as if pizza toppings are expensive, is it? Never mind.
When I was in London a month ago, we went to two places that serve authentic Neapolitan pizza. A very thin pizza base, big puffy crunchy crust and only a couple of ingredients on top. I had one with mortadella and a pistachio cream - just amazing. Nothing like a US pizza, mind you!
In general, yes, most of the chains are mediocre at best. But there are lots of mom-and-pop Italian pizzerias that make really great pies!

Just out of interest - have you ever tried arepas? It's the Venezuelan go-to, made from corn flour. Don't know if you can find the stuff in Croatia, but it looks like this:
View attachment 114134
Farina de maiz blanco, sounds exactly like the white corn flour that I bought from a bio store...Arepas? Let me google them, sounds lovely😍

Just out of interest - have you ever tried arepas? It's the Venezuelan go-to, made from corn flour. Don't know if you can find the stuff in Croatia, but it looks like this:
View attachment 114134
How exciting! Precooked flour. It seems it is available here, even the same brand you picture...will visit the store...and update...
Arepas look delicious. Definitely want to try and make them! Thank you!
Screenshot_20240531_090157_Google.jpg

The boys requested some smoked mackerel pate but the food delivery was coming from Ocado and the Marks and Spencer smoked mackerel fillets they sell are incredibly over priced (£4.75 for 150grams V’s Morrisons £2.40 for 250grams) and I hate that feeling you get when you feel ripped off!

So I bought kippers instead (£1.75 for 200grams) and made Kipper Paté. I used @karadekoolaid’s cream cheese and egg mix method so I suppose in a way it was Kipper and Spring Onion Cheesecake!

IMG_2934.jpeg

Everyone liked it so when I’m feeling like a cheapskate or have a lot of people to do a starter for I’d be happy to serve these logs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom