What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've heard, they are very hard to re-create them in the kitchen. Anyone who has come close has to use "IQF" hashbrowns. They are pretty much impossible without them. You want some kick-ass tots? Deep fry some, then cover them in nacho cheese, top with crumbled bacon, green onions, sour cream and some hot sauce. /drooooooooooool
Put six of the minis in a cup cake tin pan. Bake at 425 for about ten minutes. Smash them in the center with a small cup. Add salt and pepper. Bake about 15 more minutes. Add cheese. Bake long enough to melt the cheese. Top a dab of sour cream then add crumbled bacon and green onions. Delicious. And you can add any toppings you want. That is how I did it. But you have tons of options.

The restaurant sure skimped on the cheese and meat toppings.
What a shame. It's not as if pizza toppings are expensive, is it? Never mind.
When I was in London a month ago, we went to two places that serve authentic Neapolitan pizza. A very thin pizza base, big puffy crunchy crust and only a couple of ingredients on top. I had one with mortadella and a pistachio cream - just amazing. Nothing like a US pizza, mind you!

Morning Glory

From King's Hawaiian

KING'S HAWAIIAN Dinner Rolls have a melt-in-your-mouth texture - soft and fluffy with just the right touch of sweetness. KING'S HAWAIIAN Rolls are the perfect size for great sliders, kid-friendly snacks, desserts and serve as a complement to any meal. Don't be surprised if these irresistibly delicious rolls get eaten before they ever make it to the table.

Had to go to Miami for business so stopped and picked up lunch. We both got Cuban sandwiches, black beans and rice. I ate half of mine.

20240530_122738.jpg

Last edited:
I googled it to avoid bothering you but I can’t find baked dumplings like yours in the results, they are awash with dumplings baked in the oven in the actual stew or Asian dumplings.

Any chance of a brief description or link, just because I love dumplings but gluten free flour cannot stand up to being baked in a stew, they turn out.. well I don’t have the words but insert your own swear word - - - - - AWFUL!
Baked in the oven but out of the stew now that would be a different matter!
They were in the (UK) vegan magazine I get.
Any savoury scone mixture would work though. I'll pm you the details later today.

I've seen P.A.N in spain but not a clue what if meant!
It's cornmeal; ground, white corn. Gluten free. You mix it with water and a pinch of salt, leave it for a while, then make "cakes"out of it, which you can dry-fry on a frying pan. Then you slice the arepas open and fill them with whatever you like. I posted a "recipe"a few months ago. Venezuelan Arepas

Just out of interest - have you ever tried arepas? It's the Venezuelan go-to, made from corn flour. Don't know if you can find the stuff in Croatia, but it looks like this:
View attachment 114134
We have a Venezuelan restaurant about 20 miles from here. Her food it good. She does mix it up a bit. Her breakfast menu features arepas.

Tonight baked red snapped and potato stacks. A little corn on the side. Cleaned out the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom