What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a version of that recipe medtran49 using leftover chicken, very good!
I also like Chili with all the fixin's on Tots
IMG_3360.JPG

I do like a crumbled hash brown potato topping but I’ve never tried them whole. Nice 👍
The hot dish is something your boys might like, fairly cheap, easy to make, and doesn't have a lot of active time since you put it together and pop it in the oven. It can be made in an 8x8 inch baking dish or in a big 13x9 dish for big appetites or lots of servings.

The hot dish is something your boys might like, fairly cheap, easy to make, and doesn't have a lot of active time since you put it together and pop it in the oven. It can be made in an 8x8 inch baking dish or in a big 13x9 dish for big appetites or lots of servings.
They would really like it and it would save the time crumbling up hash browns too.

From what I've heard, they are very hard to re-create them in the kitchen
Anyone from a developed country would probably have a heart attack looking for prepared food in Venezuela.A quick look in the "frozen" section would reveal burgers, chicken patties/nuggets,pizza, kibbe and falafel, spring rolls, empanadas, tequeños, peas, mixed veg, yuca, and the rest would be fish fillets, frozen steaks, chops etc. that's about it.

Anyone from a developed country would probably have a heart attack looking for prepared food in Venezuela.A quick look in the "frozen" section would reveal burgers, chicken patties/nuggets,pizza, kibbe and falafel, spring rolls, empanadas, tequeños, peas, mixed veg, yuca, and the rest would be fish fillets, frozen steaks, chops etc. that's about it.
That's probably more than we would find.
Except maybe in the capital city

Stew with baked dumplings and broccoli.

View attachment 114109

I think my chooks will be being the bake dumplings tomorrow. They were not great. I'll go back to using my scone mixture.
I googled it to avoid bothering you but I can’t find baked dumplings like yours in the results, they are awash with dumplings baked in the oven in the actual stew or Asian dumplings.

Any chance of a brief description or link, just because I love dumplings but gluten free flour cannot stand up to being baked in a stew, they turn out.. well I don’t have the words but insert your own swear word - - - - - AWFUL!
Baked in the oven but out of the stew now that would be a different matter!

Had a day out with my friend so we had a brunch of treats. Tomorrow will be healthier, lol. No vegetables in sight today, very unusual for me! But definitely a good time 😊
20240530_121018.jpg

Apfel strudel at the Wiener konditorei ( Wener bakery)
20240530_140811.jpg

Chocolade tasting!
20240530_131904.jpg
Pretzels and aioli and tapenade
20240530_114304.jpg

And after that I was too tired to cook so had some McDonald's on the way back. Their burgers are smaller than they were!

It was 2pm and all of a sudden, I was hungry. "Hmmm, " I thought, "I'm sure I've got some pizza dough in the freezer".
False. I'd used it all :eek:
So now I was obsessed with pizza, so I had a faceful of cashew nuts and made some fresh pizza dough. 3 hours later, pizza alla putanesca ( tomato sauce, kalamata olives, capers, hot chile peppers and anchovies:
View attachment 114083
We met friends for pizza last night. The restaurant sure skimped on the cheese and meat toppings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom