What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Never seen or eaten a "tater tot", let alone a mini one! What ever they are, they're not available over here.
From what I've heard, they are very hard to re-create them in the kitchen. Anyone who has come close has to use "IQF" hashbrowns. They are pretty much impossible without them. You want some kick-ass tots? Deep fry some, then cover them in nacho cheese, top with crumbled bacon, green onions, sour cream and some hot sauce. /drooooooooooool

Yeah, I wasn’t irritated at all, it made me laugh. They gave me another one as soon as I showed them.

There was something going on there today. I eat at that McD’s once a week, different days of the week, anywhere between 11:30AM-12:30PM, and I’ve never seen it so crowded, and it took 15 minutes for my food to come out.

They had bags and trays lined up anywhere they could set them, almost like someone had called in a catering order, but who’d order that much food from McD’s? I like McD’s, but if my company said, “Hey, cheeseburgers on us!” I’d think, “C’mon…you can do better than that!”
When I made my marvellous discovery that the burger king in Spain now cater’s for coeliacs a bus load of about 30-40 children came in obviously on a school trip (phew I thought, five mins later my order would have been queued behind that lot) so perhaps it was a school trip?

Yeah, I wasn’t irritated at all, it made me laugh. They gave me another one as soon as I showed them.

There was something going on there today. I eat at that McD’s once a week, different days of the week, anywhere between 11:30AM-12:30PM, and I’ve never seen it so crowded, and it took 15 minutes for my food to come out.

They had bags and trays lined up anywhere they could set them, almost like someone had called in a catering order, but who’d order that much food from McD’s? I like McD’s, but if my company said, “Hey, cheeseburgers on us!” I’d think, “C’mon…you can do better than that!”
End of school year classroom bash maybe?

ETA: I didn't read thru everything before posting so didn't see SSOP's post.

From what I've heard, they are very hard to re-create them in the kitchen. Anyone who has come close has to use "IQF" hashbrowns. They are pretty much impossible without them. You want some kick-ass tots? Deep fry some, then cover them in nacho cheese, top with crumbled bacon, green onions, sour cream and some hot sauce. /drooooooooooool
These came out pretty good as tots, not fries so much though.

Recipe - Cheesy Mashed Potato Tots

"Never seen or eaten a "tater tot", let alone a mini one! What ever they are, they're not available over here.
I bet you do. You probably have never noticed them or they may be called something else since "tater tots" is trademarked.

IMG_3975.JPG

Barilla Cheese Tortellini topped with browned Sweet Italian Sausage, somw Sweet White Onion, Kale, loads of Garlic, Olive Oil, a splash of White Wine, a bit of "pasta water" and a nice grate of Nutmeg. Not pictured is the grated Parmesan Cheese atop it all, let it snow!
Very satisfying.

I bet you do. You probably have never noticed them or they may be called something else since "tater tots" is trademarked.
They call them ‘hash brown potato bites’ over here. They taste like mini hash browns. Is that the same taste as tater tots?

I only know because I have an all in one breakfast recipe that slow cooks overnight that calls for tater tots.
We call that recipe breakfast brick as it’s all the English breakfast ingredients (minus the beans) with the addition of tater tots held together with egg and cheese.
You have to slice in bricks to serve it and it’s very deceptive because it looks small on the plate compared to a full English so you envariably have a bit more only to discover your stomach feels like it’s got a brick in it 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom